2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Review: Ford's Stealth Steal!

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.0L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Ford's Stealth Steal!
By prairie dog on

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I really searched and researched before I bought this car. I wanted a car that would do everything and I got it! It carries people and cargo like a champ. (Even my mountain bike without having to take off the front wheel!) It handles great and I love the CVT - really great on hills, stop and go traffic whatever you hand it. Plenty of Power. I love the cargo well in the back and the way I can flip and realign everything in a flash, on the go, no matter whatever, or whomever, comes up. The versatility is the best I have seen. This car replaces a full sized van and a Taurus and does it with style. We still have the Explorer, but more and more, we keep taking the Freebie. I love this car!

First, the comfort. Seats are great. Then, moonroof! Turn up the Sirius radio, and I don't even mind construction zones. Then, the cool 3rd row reverse seats! I didn't even know these flipped like this when I bought the car, but they are so cool. Great for watching sports, parades, anything!

The only improvement I can suggest is that Ford advertise these cars like they deserve. I looked at several models before I stumbled on the Freestyle. I had dismissed it because I didn't think I needed a third row. Once I drove it, I was done shopping. We Freestyle owners are on to something good!