Best Kept Secret
By dan allan on
2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
Best kept secret by those dummies at Ford. Why promote one of the best vehicles out there? I'm glad they don't, because I would have had to pay a lot more (supply/demand) for mine. Paid $19,200, 12k miles from a dealer. No question the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Put almost 14k miles on it. Had rear brake warranty work done, but other than that, it is flat out the best crossover vehicle out there. 28 mpg on highway. My wife gets 19 mpg in city driving and she likes to go fast. More than acceptable acceleration. If I wanted to go faster, I would have bought a Mustang. Plenty of room inside. Very comfortable to drive. There are deals out there on these. You will not be sorry.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is great for a big vehicle. All kinds of room. Very comfortable on long trips. CVT tranny is cool. I picked up the extended Ford warranty which is solid, along with 4.9 financing. I'm good for 100k or until 2012. More room and a better layout than any minivan. This is a no-brainer.
Suggested Improvements
A tad noisy at highway speeds. Rear brakes are warrantied for 3 years or 36k. Get them checked as soon as you buy your used Freestyle. I could list some things I would like to be spoiled with, but as the SEL is, this is a great vehicle. We are extremely pleased with our purchase.