Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Fine Car
By Richard

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I always wanted a Freestyle and found a real bargain in the local area. I've had the vehicle about 6 weeks. Brakes had been repaired before I bought it. Otherwise, the vehicle has been perfect. Wife's car, and I was a little skeptical as she traded a 2002 Lincoln Continental. It's not a Continental, but she loves the high seating and comfort the vehicle offers.

Favorite Features

Intuitive controls - easy to program and set. Peppier than I expected this vehicle to be: don't be put off by criticisms of the engine until you try it. Plenty of legroom front and back. I've always found the exterior design to be attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is about 24 hwy, 18 around town - less than I had hoped. A bit noisy - mostly coming from the Pirelli tires.

Freestyle was perfect for us!
By Richard Smith

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We love this car. Practical, comfortable for 4, and practical for 6 (we have all buckets). We have kids to take to and from college and a couple of dogs, and this car always has the room we need. The fuel economy has been great. With careful driving, we average 23 MPG driving around the burbs and 26 on the highway. This car's mileage really goes up if you drive with a light foot. Comfortable and practical, this car is just what we wanted.

Favorite Features

We got the leather option, and the seats are very comfortable in town or on the road. A sensible amount of engine power, great mileage. Back seats easy to manipulate. Handles well.

Suggested Improvements

Could be a little less dowdy with the trim. Dashboard materials could be upgraded.

Concerned about brakes
By Tammy

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my Freestyle last year as a Christmas gift after my van was totaled. I absolutely love it. It is so comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I have 2 kids so the third row seat is a blessing. We can travel and the boys each have their own space. Every trip we have taken has been great. I have back and hip trouble and I haven't had to stop and stretch or take any breaks it is so comfy to ride in.

Favorite Features

Third row seat, flip up seat, easy to vacuum or carry big boxes.

Suggested Improvements

i am concerned about the brakes. We have had it a year and the rear brakes have already going bad. My last car went 3 years before it needed brakes.I am worried if this is just a one time thing or are they going to go bad every year.

One year later, still love it
By Brendan

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Previous review 21/1/07 - "Great car, so-so mileage on AWD". Almost one year later, still love this car at 29000 miles. Hugely comfortable. Noticing the climate control buttons take a little too much attention to operate (small buttons, big fingers). Would prefer some dials for mode selection. Had rear brakes replaced at 24K - common problem. That's the only problem though. Mileage has improved as I've learned how to drive it (i.e. - relax!). Getting 18 city and 24-27 on freeway, depending on speed (27 at 60, 24 at 70). Carry 6 people to lunch on regular basis. Trip from WA to CO was a huge success with lots of room and no driver fatigue. Still feels/smells new to me.

Favorite Features

Handling is awesome. Not a sports car but corners very flat. No body roll at all. Accelerates well enough when you put your foot in it, just makes some noise while doing it.

Suggested Improvements

Add two more speakers for third row occupants! Dial-style HVAC mode control.

Best Vehicle I have owned!
By Lovin' it

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had my Freestyle a week, but I am already in love. It gets great gas mileage and so user friendly. And it has all the bells and whistles. And seats 6 for hauling the kids and friends. And the CVT transmission is a true asset. This is Ford's best kept secret. I let my dad drive it and he swore he felt it shift. He still doesn't get it. Best thing ever spent my money on.

Favorite Features

Oh my, I have so many favorites. I just love it all.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of anything.