Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Free
By chillz

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Rides comfortably. when first taking off has a loud noise, doesn't take off fast enough.

Lot's of seats. Power seat. Driver and passenger individual controled heat and air.

Faster take off. Loud noise when taking off

Great Vehicle
By freestylephil

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used with 23k on it. My wife & I have put a little over 1000 on it and we are very pleased! The mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this size. Averages about 21.5mpg around town and on a recent trip got 30.8mpg running 55- 75 with mostly 65mph ranging from 5,000ft - 6,5000ft elevation. Rides very nice and everyone likes the layout and comfort. Visibility is good and I like the 6CD player.For the $15,000 we paid I would feel guilty expecting. anything more from it.

Love the CVT and the climate control. The MPG is exceptional when you use the CVT properly.

Styling is a little boring. A little more power would be nice if it didn't affect mileage. That's probably totally unreasonable, but you asked!

Fine Car
By Richard

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I always wanted a Freestyle and found a real bargain in the local area. I've had the vehicle about 6 weeks. Brakes had been repaired before I bought it. Otherwise, the vehicle has been perfect. Wife's car, and I was a little skeptical as she traded a 2002 Lincoln Continental. It's not a Continental, but she loves the high seating and comfort the vehicle offers.

Intuitive controls - easy to program and set. Peppier than I expected this vehicle to be: don't be put off by criticisms of the engine until you try it. Plenty of legroom front and back. I've always found the exterior design to be attractive.

Mileage is about 24 hwy, 18 around town - less than I had hoped. A bit noisy - mostly coming from the Pirelli tires.

Freestyle was perfect for us!
By Richard Smith

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We love this car. Practical, comfortable for 4, and practical for 6 (we have all buckets). We have kids to take to and from college and a couple of dogs, and this car always has the room we need. The fuel economy has been great. With careful driving, we average 23 MPG driving around the burbs and 26 on the highway. This car's mileage really goes up if you drive with a light foot. Comfortable and practical, this car is just what we wanted.

We got the leather option, and the seats are very comfortable in town or on the road. A sensible amount of engine power, great mileage. Back seats easy to manipulate. Handles well.

Could be a little less dowdy with the trim. Dashboard materials could be upgraded.

Concerned about brakes
By Tammy

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my Freestyle last year as a Christmas gift after my van was totaled. I absolutely love it. It is so comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I have 2 kids so the third row seat is a blessing. We can travel and the boys each have their own space. Every trip we have taken has been great. I have back and hip trouble and I haven't had to stop and stretch or take any breaks it is so comfy to ride in.

Third row seat, flip up seat, easy to vacuum or carry big boxes.

i am concerned about the brakes. We have had it a year and the rear brakes have already going bad. My last car went 3 years before it needed brakes.I am worried if this is just a one time thing or are they going to go bad every year.