Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Follow up to April 08 Review
By PRGR

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review a year ago about how great the car was in the winter and on a trip to Florida.In April 09,I still like the car, but the rear brakes needed replacing at 28,000 mi.Dealer said my car was not in the recall period.My response:"I am not paying for new brakes-period."Ford would not cover them, even though I had the same problem as others.The dealer saw my 8 years of having vehicles serviced and paid for them.The infamous Continental tires were done at 34,000.I replaced with Triple Treads.I am not sure if I will buy another Ford.I really like my Freestyle,but understand why people buy foreign .

Mileage, seating capacity, very comfortable ride, nice looking, CVT is smooth.

Fix the brake and tire issues Ford's customers did not cause.This is a good car otherwise. Improve seat cloth quality-stains easily.Start with quality components instead of focusing on cost, cost, cost.

Great Family Car!
By jbanks

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car used with 5,000 miles in the fall of 2007. It has gone through two Buffalo Winters like a charm. The AWD is awesome in the snow and on wet road conditions. There is plenty of room for a family of six. We load the car often for family get a ways and drives like a champ. This is agreat alternative to minivans. Many adults compliment on the room and comfort of the back seats. The kids have plenty of room to claim their own kingdoms with enough closeness to make alliances and enough distance when diplopmatic relationships are on the brink of all out war! If you are in the market for a great family car, look no further. I would recommend this to any family.

The AWD in tough road conditions, the smooth transmission, the room in the third row, plenty of space all around. Great car to take on trips.

Move the antenna away from the windshield. It gets in the way of clearing snow off the window (must live in lake effect snow country to appreciate this)

Great family vehicle
By jbanks

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

test

Free
By chillz

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Rides comfortably. when first taking off has a loud noise, doesn't take off fast enough.

Lot's of seats. Power seat. Driver and passenger individual controled heat and air.

Faster take off. Loud noise when taking off

Great Vehicle
By freestylephil

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used with 23k on it. My wife & I have put a little over 1000 on it and we are very pleased! The mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this size. Averages about 21.5mpg around town and on a recent trip got 30.8mpg running 55- 75 with mostly 65mph ranging from 5,000ft - 6,5000ft elevation. Rides very nice and everyone likes the layout and comfort. Visibility is good and I like the 6CD player.For the $15,000 we paid I would feel guilty expecting. anything more from it.

Love the CVT and the climate control. The MPG is exceptional when you use the CVT properly.

Styling is a little boring. A little more power would be nice if it didn't affect mileage. That's probably totally unreasonable, but you asked!