Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Freestyle - Freewheel
By Mick Reeves

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I echo everyones comments here, but I have one piece of advice to up your fuel consumption. As I'm from the UK but live in the USA and we have gas selling at almost $8 a gallon we have to find ways of driving to save or stretch gas as far as we can. So, first off, get a light foot. Second, don't race to the next set of lights if they are red. Third, Don't excelerate from a stop to fast, be gentle with the pedal, back off once you reach the speed you want. Forth, When you have a good hill to go down, knock the thing in to neutral and coast, slot it back into drive when you need to. Fifth, try to drive without using the brakes to much, braking costs energy. Last, use cruise, always, everywhere

That self dimming mirror :-) And the heated seats in winter, Mmmmm :-) I love the trim as it is, understated and classic.

Better fog lamps maybe. Adjustable steering wheel for us long people. Fog lamps at the rear, like we do in europe and the UK, beats being hit in the rear cos' you can't be seen till it's to late. A storage place between the rear seats. A knob to un dim the dash lights, daytime driving, lights on.

fun-fasti-car
By Funfasticar

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased our 2007 freestyle, fully loaded, leather, sun roof, 5 disk cd- mp3 player,key less entry, security alarm,dvd,GPS-love it,and much more,in aug.08.got an outstanding price 15,280 (talked them down about 3,000 and got the warranty extended from 36,00 to 75,000) w/ 26,000 miles on the car. So far so good. pleanty of room for our family of 4. Kids love the seatsand that how they recline and roomy space, the car is comfortable, (lots of leg room too) for short and long trips.

extremley roomy, love the middle row - able to walk in between to third row,also love that 5 of the seat fold down, the leather is very comfortable, the dash board is stylish -w/crome , lots of cup holder's,good seat sizes.

just a few minor things a more sporter style on the exterior,and the rear tail gate window should open ,also should have trunk release button ,it would look better if middle row windows were tinted. also car should get better gas mileage and should have a better stero system - sound quality.

Follow up to April 08 Review
By PRGR

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review a year ago about how great the car was in the winter and on a trip to Florida.In April 09,I still like the car, but the rear brakes needed replacing at 28,000 mi.Dealer said my car was not in the recall period.My response:"I am not paying for new brakes-period."Ford would not cover them, even though I had the same problem as others.The dealer saw my 8 years of having vehicles serviced and paid for them.The infamous Continental tires were done at 34,000.I replaced with Triple Treads.I am not sure if I will buy another Ford.I really like my Freestyle,but understand why people buy foreign .

Mileage, seating capacity, very comfortable ride, nice looking, CVT is smooth.

Fix the brake and tire issues Ford's customers did not cause.This is a good car otherwise. Improve seat cloth quality-stains easily.Start with quality components instead of focusing on cost, cost, cost.

Great Family Car!
By jbanks

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car used with 5,000 miles in the fall of 2007. It has gone through two Buffalo Winters like a charm. The AWD is awesome in the snow and on wet road conditions. There is plenty of room for a family of six. We load the car often for family get a ways and drives like a champ. This is agreat alternative to minivans. Many adults compliment on the room and comfort of the back seats. The kids have plenty of room to claim their own kingdoms with enough closeness to make alliances and enough distance when diplopmatic relationships are on the brink of all out war! If you are in the market for a great family car, look no further. I would recommend this to any family.

The AWD in tough road conditions, the smooth transmission, the room in the third row, plenty of space all around. Great car to take on trips.

Move the antenna away from the windshield. It gets in the way of clearing snow off the window (must live in lake effect snow country to appreciate this)

Great family vehicle