2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews 7

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Freestyle Fun and Free to Go In Style
By Mary Dixon on 10/06/07 21:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had the Freestyle only a couple of weeks but I can already see that I made the right choice. It drives good in torrential downpours, it handles well on very curvy roads, it hauls 6 family members ages 5-81 nicely and goes onward through the fog without any trouble. The fuel economy hasn't dropped below 20 mpg in city/highway driving which is a plus considering it hasn't hit 1000 miles yet. This crossover should have stayed on the market longer. I really think Ford made a bad decision by dropping it after just 3 years.

AWD Freestyle
By becky norton on 10/03/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the AWD. The varable transmission took some getting used to. Really like how it handles

Everything I had hoped for and more
By essienc on 09/30/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I did quite a bit of research before buying my new car. In fact, I used Edmunds and the consumer reports as my guide. I liked the Freestyle right away. It had everything I was looking for and then some.

Oh! My Freestyle
By MyFreestyle on 09/11/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Some say Freestyle is Fords best kept secret, and it is! Volvo Chassis and structure, Volvo AWD mechanism. 5stars crash protection all categories. Highlight is the CVT Transmission, silky smooth adequate acceleration with no shifting points. CVT provide great real world fuel economy better than EPA, the best fuel efficient V6 crossover in its class. Interior is so quiet like a luxury car, so is the engine. Theater seats in 3 rows, the rear passengers got great views of the road ahead. All seats are 1st class spacious, comfortable. Dash and interior fit and finish look good, the grains and soft surfaces felt fine. Exterior style slowly grew on me, "Go anywhere" look! Smooth over bumps, etc.

Great Family Car
By 5XY2XX on 08/13/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have five children under the age of 9. This car is fantastic. It has more usable space than our Expedition, it drives like a luxury sedan and gets better mileage than a minivan. Why Ford does not promote this car more is beyond me.

07 Freestyle
By becky norton on 08/02/07 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Really like the AWD. The CVT transmission took some getting used to but satisfied with its performance. The mpg is actually better than estimates

Better than expected
By MJFDM on 07/29/07 21:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The Freestyle was a practical choice because rebate plus 0.9% financing saved us thousands over the Odyssey or the Sienna and we got AWD to boot. Wasn't expecting a great car but that's what I got! Handles like a dream, smooth ride, hugs the road on curves, fun to drive. Lots of interior room: third row comfortable even with long legs. Getting 18-19 MPG in town and 24- 25 MPG on the road. Deep well in back gives lots of room for day to day cargo and adequate space for a week's worth of luggage for 6 of us. Has the best temp. control I have ever had in a car, both heat and AC. Set the temp you want and that's where it stays. Plenty of power for my needs, even up the mountains of central PA.

Long distance trip review
By jjones on 07/25/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just got back from a LONG trip through many states, including going through the Appalacian mountains. The trip with my family totaled over 2,200 miles. The Freestyle was a great vehicle, offering plenty of room for a family of four with lots of luggage. My experience was that it had PLENTY of passing power. The CVT would ramp up to 5.8K RPM and the car would FLY by anything on the road. Of course, it sounded like the world was coming to an end. Overall, there was not much to complain about. The computer said I averaged ~23 MPG over each tank, which is not bad for a car full of people and luggage.

A Good Car
By James Weidner on 07/21/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have found this car to be a joy. The gas mileage is about 5-6 miles more per gallon than my last 2 Explorers. The car rides very well and is much quieter. I expect it to do well in the New Hampshire winters with the AWD too.

Very Happy
By Paul on 07/16/07 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought the Freestyle after looking at minivans. No real competitors to this vehicle. Decided to go with the Freestyle after other minivans felt too bulky while driving and the comfort was not as good. Took a 500 mile trip over the weekend, love the ride, very smooth and very comfortable. Also have an Expedition, Freestyle is more comfortrable. Replaced a Honda CRV because it was too noisy, a stiff ride, and fuel useage was no better than 25mpg. Freestyle got 25+ on trip, very good for a heavier vehicle with V6. When compared to CRV it's outstanding.