2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Fun Times
By Gerald Angerbrandt on 03/10/08 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My car drove very good in the mountains while on vacation. It is very good in the snow. It is a comfortable ride.

So far, Going Great
By JACK♠ on 01/01/08 14:32 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have 19050 miles and been enjoying my FS. The cvt is a pleasure. The ride feels tight and secure, alot better than my 2001 Explorer or Windstar. I would recommend this CUV.

The Best things are Freestyle
By WWarther on 12/05/07 12:41 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We went from an Excursion to a Freestyle. We were aprehensive at first but it is roomy and I dont knock my head getting the seats. We have put 7 good sized people in the unit and every on was comfortable we probablt topped the 1125 cargo limit but it showed no adverse signs of handling. On vacation we took the Rocky Mountain passes with again a load close to 1k Berthond , Rabbit ears and on the way bak from Oregon and Califonia The Syskius, Donner and Vale pass aagain very comfortably . For the passengers there is pleny of knee room fro those in the rear seat has more knee room than Volvo or Passatt and more seating area as well

Best Kept Secret
By dan allan on 12/03/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Best kept secret by those dummies at Ford. Why promote one of the best vehicles out there? I'm glad they don't, because I would have had to pay a lot more (supply/demand) for mine. Paid $19,200, 12k miles from a dealer. No question the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Put almost 14k miles on it. Had rear brake warranty work done, but other than that, it is flat out the best crossover vehicle out there. 28 mpg on highway. My wife gets 19 mpg in city driving and she likes to go fast. More than acceptable acceleration. If I wanted to go faster, I would have bought a Mustang. Plenty of room inside. Very comfortable to drive. There are deals out there on these. You will not be sorry.

Great car, so-so mileage on AWD
By Brendan on 12/01/07 15:08 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used with 13400 miles on it. Have run two fuel tanks through it now in two weeks. Great handling for a big car. Much better than the '06 Taurus it replaced. Comfort, handling and space utilization is outstanding. 2nd and 3rd row seats don't have any legroom issues. Taller people (5'11"+) can't use the 3rd row headrests as they hit the headliner first if they lean back. No issues with upright seating position. Worst issue is that with an 80/20 city/highway mix I'm getting about 16.5 mpg. Worse than I'd expected. Don't think AWD is worth the mileage hit. Engine does get a bit noisy above 2500 rpm. A friend bought an '07 explorer same weekend. He likes mine better.

I love my Freestyle
By sgoodwin on 11/25/07 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my car since April 07, have gone across country and back, driven in the pouring rain (I don't worry as much about hydroplanin, and love my car. It's big enough for my 6'4"-15 yr old son, my daughter and our 4 dogs. So many bells and whistles for a price you can't beat. Ford just doesn't know a good thing when they have it.

Ford's Stealth Steal!
By prairie dog on 10/12/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I really searched and researched before I bought this car. I wanted a car that would do everything and I got it! It carries people and cargo like a champ. (Even my mountain bike without having to take off the front wheel!) It handles great and I love the CVT - really great on hills, stop and go traffic whatever you hand it. Plenty of Power. I love the cargo well in the back and the way I can flip and realign everything in a flash, on the go, no matter whatever, or whomever, comes up. The versatility is the best I have seen. This car replaces a full sized van and a Taurus and does it with style. We still have the Explorer, but more and more, we keep taking the Freebie. I love this car!

Love my Freestyle!
By crazyoverit on 10/07/07 09:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the dealership owner's demo model and from the first time I rode in one, I knew I had to have one. Dealership uses the Freestyle for their courtesy cars and I thought I might try to buy one of those but this became available and knowing it had the best of care, I said, "Yes!" Smooth transmission; so very comfortable; and beautiful inside and out. I've only had it a week but wouldn't part with it.

Freestyle Fun and Free to Go In Style
By Mary Dixon on 10/06/07 21:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had the Freestyle only a couple of weeks but I can already see that I made the right choice. It drives good in torrential downpours, it handles well on very curvy roads, it hauls 6 family members ages 5-81 nicely and goes onward through the fog without any trouble. The fuel economy hasn't dropped below 20 mpg in city/highway driving which is a plus considering it hasn't hit 1000 miles yet. This crossover should have stayed on the market longer. I really think Ford made a bad decision by dropping it after just 3 years.

AWD Freestyle
By becky norton on 10/03/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the AWD. The varable transmission took some getting used to. Really like how it handles

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.