Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Most Helpful|
Follow up to April 08 Review
By PRGR

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review a year ago about how great the car was in the winter and on a trip to Florida.In April 09,I still like the car, but the rear brakes needed replacing at 28,000 mi.Dealer said my car was not in the recall period.My response:"I am not paying for new brakes-period."Ford would not cover them, even though I had the same problem as others.The dealer saw my 8 years of having vehicles serviced and paid for them.The infamous Continental tires were done at 34,000.I replaced with Triple Treads.I am not sure if I will buy another Ford.I really like my Freestyle,but understand why people buy foreign .

Favorite Features

Mileage, seating capacity, very comfortable ride, nice looking, CVT is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake and tire issues Ford's customers did not cause.This is a good car otherwise. Improve seat cloth quality-stains easily.Start with quality components instead of focusing on cost, cost, cost.

Awesome
By mrs price

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used this year and I am in love with it. I love the style and the comfort. I would say this is the best car I've owned. Talk about space. Very roomy for me and the kids and my daycare. I wouldn't trade trade this care for any other crossover in its class. I am so satisfied and I guess I am a Ford girl again. Go Ford!

Favorite Features

I love the third row feature and all the seats fold.

Suggested Improvements

Little extra cushion in the seats

Ford CVT Transmission problems
By algc

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our 2007 Ford Freestyle was purchased used in 2009 with 17000 miles. Immediately a traction controll light kept coming on on the dash. When we took it to the dealership, they couldn't find a problem and we were told to ignore it. Now at 66,000 miles, it has severe problems with the transmission not working. Worse, when we took it to two local dealerships, neither worked on the CVT transmission and wasn't able to diagnose or repair the problem. From reading reviews on the internet, I find that this problem is common in the Freestyle and the lack of Ford Trained Transmission specialists is common also. This car isn't reliable and I would pass on buying another with the CVT transmission.

Favorite Features

It looks good on the outside.

Suggested Improvements

It has a noisy ride - the entertainment system and the transmission all need improvement.

About my 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL
By bruce1458

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

So far I have not have some of those problems that some Freestyle owners have. I now have 64,000 miles, and still under the Ford ESP Warranty. The ride is a bit bumpy, gas mileage should be better, My biggest problem now is the door locks freezes up when snow or when temp falls below 25 degrees, then the doors wont close. I had to hold the driver door while driving. Not good. I received a Recall letter about eight years ago took it to a Dealer and thought I was fixed, come to find out nothing was done. In Maryland sometimes we our Winter is not as bad as the western or nothern States. Otherwise not a bad car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Power Seats, Color, Rear Parking Sensors and Passenger room. Wish there were more features.

Suggested Improvements

Better Breaking Distance, Improve Gas Mileage, Better Ride, Trunk space, Better sound stereo system, Better quality material for interior and exterior, and much better Engine Performance.

fun-fasti-car
By Funfasticar

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased our 2007 freestyle, fully loaded, leather, sun roof, 5 disk cd- mp3 player,key less entry, security alarm,dvd,GPS-love it,and much more,in aug.08.got an outstanding price 15,280 (talked them down about 3,000 and got the warranty extended from 36,00 to 75,000) w/ 26,000 miles on the car. So far so good. pleanty of room for our family of 4. Kids love the seatsand that how they recline and roomy space, the car is comfortable, (lots of leg room too) for short and long trips.

Favorite Features

extremley roomy, love the middle row - able to walk in between to third row,also love that 5 of the seat fold down, the leather is very comfortable, the dash board is stylish -w/crome , lots of cup holder's,good seat sizes.

Suggested Improvements

just a few minor things a more sporter style on the exterior,and the rear tail gate window should open ,also should have trunk release button ,it would look better if middle row windows were tinted. also car should get better gas mileage and should have a better stero system - sound quality.