2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Great family vehicle
By jbanks on 03/28/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

test

Free
By chillz on 03/14/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Rides comfortably. when first taking off has a loud noise, doesn't take off fast enough.

Great Vehicle
By freestylephil on 12/12/08 15:47 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used with 23k on it. My wife & I have put a little over 1000 on it and we are very pleased! The mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this size. Averages about 21.5mpg around town and on a recent trip got 30.8mpg running 55- 75 with mostly 65mph ranging from 5,000ft - 6,5000ft elevation. Rides very nice and everyone likes the layout and comfort. Visibility is good and I like the 6CD player.For the $15,000 we paid I would feel guilty expecting. anything more from it.

Fine Car
By Richard on 12/02/08 05:18 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I always wanted a Freestyle and found a real bargain in the local area. I've had the vehicle about 6 weeks. Brakes had been repaired before I bought it. Otherwise, the vehicle has been perfect. Wife's car, and I was a little skeptical as she traded a 2002 Lincoln Continental. It's not a Continental, but she loves the high seating and comfort the vehicle offers.

Freestyle was perfect for us!
By Richard Smith on 11/16/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We love this car. Practical, comfortable for 4, and practical for 6 (we have all buckets). We have kids to take to and from college and a couple of dogs, and this car always has the room we need. The fuel economy has been great. With careful driving, we average 23 MPG driving around the burbs and 26 on the highway. This car's mileage really goes up if you drive with a light foot. Comfortable and practical, this car is just what we wanted.

Concerned about brakes
By Tammy on 11/09/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my Freestyle last year as a Christmas gift after my van was totaled. I absolutely love it. It is so comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I have 2 kids so the third row seat is a blessing. We can travel and the boys each have their own space. Every trip we have taken has been great. I have back and hip trouble and I haven't had to stop and stretch or take any breaks it is so comfy to ride in.

One year later, still love it
By Brendan on 10/31/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Previous review 21/1/07 - "Great car, so-so mileage on AWD". Almost one year later, still love this car at 29000 miles. Hugely comfortable. Noticing the climate control buttons take a little too much attention to operate (small buttons, big fingers). Would prefer some dials for mode selection. Had rear brakes replaced at 24K - common problem. That's the only problem though. Mileage has improved as I've learned how to drive it (i.e. - relax!). Getting 18 city and 24-27 on freeway, depending on speed (27 at 60, 24 at 70). Carry 6 people to lunch on regular basis. Trip from WA to CO was a huge success with lots of room and no driver fatigue. Still feels/smells new to me.

Best Vehicle I have owned!
By Lovin' it on 09/11/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had my Freestyle a week, but I am already in love. It gets great gas mileage and so user friendly. And it has all the bells and whistles. And seats 6 for hauling the kids and friends. And the CVT transmission is a true asset. This is Ford's best kept secret. I let my dad drive it and he swore he felt it shift. He still doesn't get it. Best thing ever spent my money on.

Ford Freestyle Freefall
By sully320 on 08/28/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My fiancee wanted another Explorer, even though she had numerous mechanical problems with her previous Explorer. She was talked into buying the Freestyle, partly because of the CVT. The car is noisy, sluggish and cramped. The capper? The vaunted CVT failed after 50,000 miles. The price tag? $7,000. Ford disavows the possibility that it was a defect. Have you driven a Ford lately? Good Luck brother!

A Gem in the Ford SUV Lineup
By abodao on 07/24/08 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is the first long road trip we've taken with our new-(bought used), Ford Freestyle, automatic, 3.0 liter engine. We loaded the car with 6 adults, an 18 cubic foot cartop luggage carrier and filled the somewhat cramped luggage space in the back. This car worked flawless. A smooth, effortless ride up the mountain passes and well controlled ride with plenty of brake reserve on the downhill runs. The ride for all passengers was smooth and comfortable. When we did hit those few rough road conditions the car absorbed all but the deepest ruts and bumps. In heavy traffic we were able to accelerate, brake and move with ease in spite of our heavy load. A breeze to park and maneuver.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.