Used 2007 Ford Freestyle SEL Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Good Car
By JC

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased vehicle with 7.5K, now have near 28K. No issues except windshield washer motor went bad (warranty fix). Good MPG 21 city 26-30 Hwy(60to75mph). Wife says seats and suspension over bumps could be softer. Hwy ride is great! Handles well in mountains. Really like the 3 seats, back rows fold flat. Lots of neat features. Storage in dash is nice. A little noisy on initial acceleration.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Roominess in compact design. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats and suspension.Cruise control symbol being lit up in the middle of dash bugs me at night. 2nd row seats could recline more.

Great car
By merlin07

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've been wanting one of these since I first saw it and traded in a 1996 Plymouth Breeze to get it. Love the car, excellent comfort, great in the winter, has heated seats!!! Even a year later I still grin like an idiot, yes I know it's a mommy wagon (and me with no kids) but I just think this is the best car I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, traction control, back up sensors

Suggested Improvements

Really the only downside is the fuel economy but you don't buy a car like this if you are looking for that

Freestyle is fun, utility, and economy
By Jim Kinney

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This has been a surprising vehicle. I wanted a simple, run-around truck to use mostly in town. I found myself looking for reasons to drive it on long trips. The mileage easily averages 27.5 mpg at turnpike speeds. The power is adequate, and the hauling capacity is amazing. The 6-7 seats are handy, too. It's been to North Carolina, St Louis, central Texas and Colorado. I live in northern Oklahoma.

Excellent Vehicle
By cbce1pjb

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a used 07 Sel FWD In April 09 with 21,000 miles. I can not find anything I do not like. This vehicle has great interior room,and the footprint is the the same as the 98 Taurus wagon with 150K miles on it that I retired. It is the easiest car I have ever changed oil on. The gas mileage is outstanding. 21/22 normal everyday driving. With 5 adults on the Interstate at 70 mph the computer indicated 28mpg. I did not believe that number and did my own calculation and the result was 27.The third row seat is fine as long as your not going too far. The front and second row seats are great. No mechanical problems , but I have not driven that many miles.Enough power for me.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy , Interior room

Suggested Improvements

none

Follow up to April 08 Review
By PRGR

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review a year ago about how great the car was in the winter and on a trip to Florida.In April 09,I still like the car, but the rear brakes needed replacing at 28,000 mi.Dealer said my car was not in the recall period.My response:"I am not paying for new brakes-period."Ford would not cover them, even though I had the same problem as others.The dealer saw my 8 years of having vehicles serviced and paid for them.The infamous Continental tires were done at 34,000.I replaced with Triple Treads.I am not sure if I will buy another Ford.I really like my Freestyle,but understand why people buy foreign .

Favorite Features

Mileage, seating capacity, very comfortable ride, nice looking, CVT is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake and tire issues Ford's customers did not cause.This is a good car otherwise. Improve seat cloth quality-stains easily.Start with quality components instead of focusing on cost, cost, cost.