2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Great car
By merlin07 on 11/25/09 12:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've been wanting one of these since I first saw it and traded in a 1996 Plymouth Breeze to get it. Love the car, excellent comfort, great in the winter, has heated seats!!! Even a year later I still grin like an idiot, yes I know it's a mommy wagon (and me with no kids) but I just think this is the best car I've ever had.

Freestyle is fun, utility, and economy
By Jim Kinney on 11/07/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This has been a surprising vehicle. I wanted a simple, run-around truck to use mostly in town. I found myself looking for reasons to drive it on long trips. The mileage easily averages 27.5 mpg at turnpike speeds. The power is adequate, and the hauling capacity is amazing. The 6-7 seats are handy, too. It's been to North Carolina, St Louis, central Texas and Colorado. I live in northern Oklahoma.

Excellent Vehicle
By cbce1pjb on 08/30/09 07:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a used 07 Sel FWD In April 09 with 21,000 miles. I can not find anything I do not like. This vehicle has great interior room,and the footprint is the the same as the 98 Taurus wagon with 150K miles on it that I retired. It is the easiest car I have ever changed oil on. The gas mileage is outstanding. 21/22 normal everyday driving. With 5 adults on the Interstate at 70 mph the computer indicated 28mpg. I did not believe that number and did my own calculation and the result was 27.The third row seat is fine as long as your not going too far. The front and second row seats are great. No mechanical problems , but I have not driven that many miles.Enough power for me.

Follow up to April 08 Review
By PRGR on 04/19/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review a year ago about how great the car was in the winter and on a trip to Florida.In April 09,I still like the car, but the rear brakes needed replacing at 28,000 mi.Dealer said my car was not in the recall period.My response:"I am not paying for new brakes-period."Ford would not cover them, even though I had the same problem as others.The dealer saw my 8 years of having vehicles serviced and paid for them.The infamous Continental tires were done at 34,000.I replaced with Triple Treads.I am not sure if I will buy another Ford.I really like my Freestyle,but understand why people buy foreign .

Free
By chillz on 03/14/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Rides comfortably. when first taking off has a loud noise, doesn't take off fast enough.

Great Vehicle
By freestylephil on 12/12/08 15:47 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used with 23k on it. My wife & I have put a little over 1000 on it and we are very pleased! The mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this size. Averages about 21.5mpg around town and on a recent trip got 30.8mpg running 55- 75 with mostly 65mph ranging from 5,000ft - 6,5000ft elevation. Rides very nice and everyone likes the layout and comfort. Visibility is good and I like the 6CD player.For the $15,000 we paid I would feel guilty expecting. anything more from it.

A Gem in the Ford SUV Lineup
By abodao on 07/24/08 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is the first long road trip we've taken with our new-(bought used), Ford Freestyle, automatic, 3.0 liter engine. We loaded the car with 6 adults, an 18 cubic foot cartop luggage carrier and filled the somewhat cramped luggage space in the back. This car worked flawless. A smooth, effortless ride up the mountain passes and well controlled ride with plenty of brake reserve on the downhill runs. The ride for all passengers was smooth and comfortable. When we did hit those few rough road conditions the car absorbed all but the deepest ruts and bumps. In heavy traffic we were able to accelerate, brake and move with ease in spite of our heavy load. A breeze to park and maneuver.

Functional Freestyle
By SO Villar on 06/16/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned my Freestyle for just about a year. It has met my needs nicely- providing easy access and egress for my elderly mother with severe arthritis on our many errands to doctors and social functions. Cargo space very satisfactory for road trips and for the possible need to evacuate in advance of hurricanes. I've got the same or greater cargo capacity as I had in my Chevy Trailblazer but with more comfort for my aging mother and much better gas mileage. I also have better visibility in all directions with this vehicle. One thing I am not pleased with is the seemingly light weight construction of the ext. door panels. Very minor bumps in parking lots create very visible dimples.

Love my Freestyle
By pwf2908 on 05/29/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was a little concerned buying domestic over import - had been a Previa driver for years, but what an awesome replacement. This baby has power, comfort and hugs the road in all conditions, including our Canadian winters which are a mixed bag. Biggest test came during 'superstorm' last June. I hadn't realized how bad the road conditions were that night, but the Freestyle slogged through everything that storm threw at us and then some. (My Previa would never have made it - and we passed several others pulled off too.) Only thing that could be improved is my city gas mileage, but I love the power on the highway and when set to cruise, the highway mileage is great for that size engine!

So far, great car!
By Pete on 04/14/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have put almost 15,000 miles on our Freestyle in less than a year. We just returned from a trip to Florida with 7 passengers (6 adult sized people plus a toddler) and luggage. Maybe it is because I don't test drive sports cars, but the pro reviewers missed the boat on the CVT and power. 25-27 mpg fully loaded and passing other cars going up the mountains. Too bad Ford dropped this powertrain for more horsepower and poorer mileage. The only problems I have heard about are the premature tire wear and rear brakes. Our tires are ok so far, and we'll see on the brakes. I think the writers did a disservice to this car. The Freestyle is not flashy, but does what it is meant to do.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.