Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Went in for a oil change came out with a morgage..
By 88jimbo

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Went a local ford dealer for a oil change they said it was time to replace pwr steering fluid. No big deal the car has 70k on it they did that we got the car back . Not 3hrs later the check engine light comes on so I figured they might of bumped a sensor or somthing . so when my stepfather gets back he tells me the air box needs to be replaced . now this car has never been in a accident and yet the dealer tells him it was all cracked up and throttle body is rusted so the replaced for like $2000.00 so good enough they get car back .The next morning the check engine light is on again. Now they say it needs a computer for a nother $1500.00 .Now im pulling my hair out feel free to comment .

Favorite Features

the car has good and reliable all its life . Never had any problems and always kept maintained.

Good value for the money
By volman1

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought our Freestyle to replace a minivan. This car is one of the best layouts for a car on the road. We have approximately 120K on the car. The transmission is fine. I did have the throttle body replaced under warranty but I have discovered that you can easily clean the throttle body with a cleaner made for Fords.

Ford CVT Transmission problems
By algc

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our 2007 Ford Freestyle was purchased used in 2009 with 17000 miles. Immediately a traction controll light kept coming on on the dash. When we took it to the dealership, they couldn't find a problem and we were told to ignore it. Now at 66,000 miles, it has severe problems with the transmission not working. Worse, when we took it to two local dealerships, neither worked on the CVT transmission and wasn't able to diagnose or repair the problem. From reading reviews on the internet, I find that this problem is common in the Freestyle and the lack of Ford Trained Transmission specialists is common also. This car isn't reliable and I would pass on buying another with the CVT transmission.

Favorite Features

It looks good on the outside.

Suggested Improvements

It has a noisy ride - the entertainment system and the transmission all need improvement.

Year 4 with my Freestyle
By taxiatmmom

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After 4 years, I am still very satisfied with my Freestyle. No major repairs needed except brakes which were very reasonable. Roomy for my family of 6 and great for road trips. I'm not bothered by the "low power" issues, and it is actually better than most at uphill accelleration. My only gripes are the road noise and that fact that the rear lift gate doesn't close automatically.

Favorite Features

Safety first! The safety ratings made this vehicle my choice. I also love the interior design which affords comfort for my family, and easy, workable cargo options. The heated front seats are wonderful in the winter...and when I have a backache. The adjustable pedals are great since I am petite. I can drive comfortably and still maintain a safe distance from the airbag/steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

None. Out of production.

07 Review Good buy
By styledriver

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted minivan size without looks or cost. Find this while shopping. It gets better gas millage than a SUV, 18 when used in-town 100%. If you want a minivan/SUV with all the plus's get this!

Favorite Features

CVT does wonders for gas millage, I love the fold up seats, it allows kids to move in and out quickly. External side mirror lights when car door closes is great!

Suggested Improvements

The plastic parts at the base of the seats are lower quality. THE CVT cost $450 to change every 60k miles budget for it!