2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Like the ford freestlyle
By sue on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I only had it one week and driving is fun and my kids and husband love it

Throttle Body & Brakes
By Terri on 07/11/10 00:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. Did everything a higher priced vehicle did. Just had the third throttle body put in and they can't tell us why this is happening. The first two were covered under warranty buy the last one cost us over $700. Said for us to pay and they will try to get our money back from factory. What about next time. Brakes keep wearing out also. Hate it but will have to get rid of. Ford should admit they have a problem and fix.

Ford Freestyle
By angie on 06/22/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the freestyle after driving an expedition to save on gas. It is really good on gas I get 27 mpg on highway in traffic. Plenty of room no repairs have been needed after 50,000 miles.

Great vehicle
By tool22p on 06/22/10 01:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this vehicle a week ago and it is great. There is nothing to complain about so far, rides and corners great. The engine is then same engine as our 2004 6 cylinder ford mustang had and sounds and acts exactly the same. Enjoy the beefy sound while accelerating. Was told by a Volvo tech that the chassis was the same as the Volvo chassis,as Volvo is owned by Ford this is not a surprise, awesome vehicle..

Awesome
By mrs price on 04/20/10 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used this year and I am in love with it. I love the style and the comfort. I would say this is the best car I've owned. Talk about space. Very roomy for me and the kids and my daycare. I wouldn't trade trade this care for any other crossover in its class. I am so satisfied and I guess I am a Ford girl again. Go Ford!

Major problem with transmission
By sharon sine on 03/26/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 freestyle in April 2088 with just over 10,000 miles. The transmission went in 2009, not sure of mileage and had to be repaired. This month at approximately 48,000 miles it went again. Service decided to would be more cost effective to replace with a refurbished transmission. The car is only 3 yrs old! The refurbished transmission (not new) only has a limited warranty and was told by service that if it goes again after warranty, it could cost 3000 to 5000 dollars to fix. I believe Ford new about the problems with the transmission on these cars and purposely failed to tell of potential transmission problems.

Good Buy
By Jeff on 03/02/10 10:10 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new. Three years later still very happy with the car. Checking the tires and breaks at each oil change as this appears to be the most common complaint. High teens, low twenties in the ciy and high twenties on the HWY. This is great mileage for such a roomy vehicle. Would highly recommend. Ford Brass/Marketing missed the boat on this one.

Loving the Freestyle
By Stacey on 12/17/09 21:00 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car almost 1 1/2 years ago, and I still adore it! I commuted to work in it for an entire year and I averaged about 26mpg, which is much better than I had expected. This car is nice for traveling across the country, and it drives very well in the mountains here in Colorado! Since I've owned my Freestyle, I've been able to avoid two near-misses with reckless drivers, and I believe that's because even though it's a small SUV/large wagon, it handles like a car. I still get giddy when I see it in a parking lot with other cars, it's so beautiful! In the year and a half the Freestyle has been mine, I've only had to replace my rear brakes.

Good Car
By JC on 12/01/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased vehicle with 7.5K, now have near 28K. No issues except windshield washer motor went bad (warranty fix). Good MPG 21 city 26-30 Hwy(60to75mph). Wife says seats and suspension over bumps could be softer. Hwy ride is great! Handles well in mountains. Really like the 3 seats, back rows fold flat. Lots of neat features. Storage in dash is nice. A little noisy on initial acceleration.

Great car
By merlin07 on 11/25/09 12:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've been wanting one of these since I first saw it and traded in a 1996 Plymouth Breeze to get it. Love the car, excellent comfort, great in the winter, has heated seats!!! Even a year later I still grin like an idiot, yes I know it's a mommy wagon (and me with no kids) but I just think this is the best car I've ever had.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.