Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Love this car!!
By jessiccamiller

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Freestyle about a week ago with 79,000 miles. So far it is an amazing vehicle. It runs great, I have had no issues with surging and it has really good pick up. I know it has only been a week, but I am completely satisfied. It has tons of room for my kids and two large dogs. I absolutely love it!!

I hate this car
By kshall1

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got talked into this car and have regretted it ever since. It has always given me problems. The surging issue being the most scary. In parking lots, at stop lights, whenever idling the stupid thing just surges forward or in reverse and I've nearly hit people and other cars many times! My foot is completely on the break and it just takes off. It has left me stranded, and I have 3 small children. Now its not shifting out of first gear and the ABS light just came on too. I hate this car. Praying it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fix. Ford..you REALLY need to take this seriously and recall these issues! They are dangerous and your going to end up getting sued.

Recall this car. You really need to fix these dangerous problems. It's not ok to ignore them. You're losing customers, I will never buy a Ford again unless you do what is right and fix the problems that are obviously issues for MANY people. Please do the right thing

Went in for a oil change came out with a morgage..
By 88jimbo

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Went a local ford dealer for a oil change
they said it was time to replace pwr steering fluid. No big deal the car has 70k on it they did that we got the car back . Not 3hrs later the check engine light comes on so I figured they might of bumped a sensor or somthing . so when my stepfather gets back he tells me the air box needs to be replaced . now this car has never been in a accident and yet the dealer tells him it was all cracked up and throttle body is rusted so the replaced for like $2000.00 so good enough they get car back .The next morning the check engine light is on again. Now they say it needs a computer for a nother $1500.00 .Now im pulling my hair out
feel free to comment .

the car has good and reliable all its life . Never had any problems and always kept maintained.

Good value for the money
By volman1

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought our Freestyle to replace a minivan. This car is one of the best layouts for a car on the road. We have approximately 120K on the car. The transmission is fine. I did have the throttle body replaced under warranty but I have discovered that you can easily clean the throttle body with a cleaner made for Fords.

Ford CVT Transmission problems
By algc

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our 2007 Ford Freestyle was purchased used in 2009 with 17000 miles.
Immediately a traction controll light kept coming on on the dash. When we took it to the dealership, they couldn't find a problem and we were told to ignore it.
Now at 66,000 miles, it has severe problems with the transmission not working.
Worse, when we took it to two local dealerships, neither worked on the CVT transmission and wasn't able to diagnose or repair the problem.
From reading reviews on the internet, I find that this problem is common in the Freestyle and the lack of Ford Trained Transmission specialists is common also.
This car isn't reliable and I would pass on buying another with the CVT transmission.

It looks good on the outside.

It has a noisy ride - the entertainment system and the transmission all need improvement.