Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Definitely a lemon
By MichD

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have to say that I have been very disappointed in this car.We had to replace the brakes and tires within 30,000 miles.Shortly after that we had a throttle body malfunction.Very expensive to fix.We just paid it off early, and it is falling apart. 55,000 miles and the mechanic just fixed the power steering problem, and told us that we need to fix both sides of Wheel bearings.$500 more. We also just found out that we need a new water pump. Another $500. Mechanic said that the transmission is about to go. Dealer said that it was strange to have so many problems for such a new car. No solution. No recalls yet. Don't buy this car unless you have thousands to throw away.

Favorite Features

fits a lot of people.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap looking on the inside. Need to take care of the problems. Admit it and fix it.

Like the ford freestlyle
By sue

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I only had it one week and driving is fun and my kids and husband love it

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

more wood trim around door just like the excursion that we have too it a 2003

Good Buy
By Jeff

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new. Three years later still very happy with the car. Checking the tires and breaks at each oil change as this appears to be the most common complaint. High teens, low twenties in the ciy and high twenties on the HWY. This is great mileage for such a roomy vehicle. Would highly recommend. Ford Brass/Marketing missed the boat on this one.

Favorite Features

Great exterior and interior styling. Four side swing doors and a back hatch. All the seats can lay down for cargo. Can take a 10' wind/surf board inside! No need for a truck unless you are a construction worker! Good ride and comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality carpet, better engine/road noise attenuation.

Almost the perfect vehicle
By Jeff from California

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

As an engineer I tend to research things to the last detail. I was looking for a family car that had a good combination of safety, fuel economy, roominess, luxury, and price value. After looking at everything made, the Freestyle won. We bought used, a 2007 Limited. The car is amazing; Titanium green w/tan leather interior...gorgeous... Lots of room for storage and very comfortable. The fuel economy on the highway is almost 30 miles per gallon...no kidding....the navagation system is wonderful and the back up sensors are very helpful, as is the DVD. After 6 months, no issues. My wife, who hates SUVs, loves the car and wont let me drive it....Its simply amazing.....Well Done Ford.

Favorite Features

Room and Storage, Looks, Power seats, fuel economy, Navigation, DVD player, Back Up sensors

Suggested Improvements

hmmm, cant think of any..

Fine Car
By Richard

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I always wanted a Freestyle and found a real bargain in the local area. I've had the vehicle about 6 weeks. Brakes had been repaired before I bought it. Otherwise, the vehicle has been perfect. Wife's car, and I was a little skeptical as she traded a 2002 Lincoln Continental. It's not a Continental, but she loves the high seating and comfort the vehicle offers.

Favorite Features

Intuitive controls - easy to program and set. Peppier than I expected this vehicle to be: don't be put off by criticisms of the engine until you try it. Plenty of legroom front and back. I've always found the exterior design to be attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is about 24 hwy, 18 around town - less than I had hoped. A bit noisy - mostly coming from the Pirelli tires.