2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Definitely a lemon
By MichD on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have to say that I have been very disappointed in this car.We had to replace the brakes and tires within 30,000 miles.Shortly after that we had a throttle body malfunction.Very expensive to fix.We just paid it off early, and it is falling apart. 55,000 miles and the mechanic just fixed the power steering problem, and told us that we need to fix both sides of Wheel bearings.$500 more. We also just found out that we need a new water pump. Another $500. Mechanic said that the transmission is about to go. Dealer said that it was strange to have so many problems for such a new car. No solution. No recalls yet. Don't buy this car unless you have thousands to throw away.

Like the ford freestlyle
By sue on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I only had it one week and driving is fun and my kids and husband love it

Good Buy
By Jeff on 03/02/10 10:10 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new. Three years later still very happy with the car. Checking the tires and breaks at each oil change as this appears to be the most common complaint. High teens, low twenties in the ciy and high twenties on the HWY. This is great mileage for such a roomy vehicle. Would highly recommend. Ford Brass/Marketing missed the boat on this one.

Almost the perfect vehicle
By Jeff from California on 07/11/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

As an engineer I tend to research things to the last detail. I was looking for a family car that had a good combination of safety, fuel economy, roominess, luxury, and price value. After looking at everything made, the Freestyle won. We bought used, a 2007 Limited. The car is amazing; Titanium green w/tan leather interior...gorgeous... Lots of room for storage and very comfortable. The fuel economy on the highway is almost 30 miles per gallon...no kidding....the navagation system is wonderful and the back up sensors are very helpful, as is the DVD. After 6 months, no issues. My wife, who hates SUVs, loves the car and wont let me drive it....Its simply amazing.....Well Done Ford.

Fine Car
By Richard on 12/02/08 05:18 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I always wanted a Freestyle and found a real bargain in the local area. I've had the vehicle about 6 weeks. Brakes had been repaired before I bought it. Otherwise, the vehicle has been perfect. Wife's car, and I was a little skeptical as she traded a 2002 Lincoln Continental. It's not a Continental, but she loves the high seating and comfort the vehicle offers.

Freestyle was perfect for us!
By Richard Smith on 11/16/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We love this car. Practical, comfortable for 4, and practical for 6 (we have all buckets). We have kids to take to and from college and a couple of dogs, and this car always has the room we need. The fuel economy has been great. With careful driving, we average 23 MPG driving around the burbs and 26 on the highway. This car's mileage really goes up if you drive with a light foot. Comfortable and practical, this car is just what we wanted.

Best Vehicle I have owned!
By Lovin' it on 09/11/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had my Freestyle a week, but I am already in love. It gets great gas mileage and so user friendly. And it has all the bells and whistles. And seats 6 for hauling the kids and friends. And the CVT transmission is a true asset. This is Ford's best kept secret. I let my dad drive it and he swore he felt it shift. He still doesn't get it. Best thing ever spent my money on.

A wonderful car. Thanks Ford.
By Mr. Engineer 74 on 07/01/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and it now has 30,000 miles. It has been 100% trouble free and everything works like new. Other than oil changes and tire rotations, the car has not needed any repairs of adjustments. It gets great mileage, even better than on the EPA sticker. I get 21 to 22 MPG in town and 28 to 29 on trips. The car is extremely plesant to drive and is very comfortable, even for tall drivers. The fit and finish are superb, rivaling the Mercedes and Infinity cars I have owned before. The leather seats have very good lumbar support and adjust to very comfortable positions. It will haul large loads with the seats folded down and will pull my 16' boat with ease at 75 mph. A great car

Ford was no help, so had to trade it in!
By Love2cruz on 05/12/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought a Freestyle limited June 2007 and almost a year later had to trade it in. From day one we had a constant gas smell. Took it in and half a tank of gas later could find no problem. Kept driving it and smell got worse. Mpg highway was around 18, City was 15 at best. Winter was terrible because it would get stuck in 1/2 inch of snow. We had the pebble leather and it reflected in the front window very badly.

Freestyle Fun and Free to Go In Style
By Mary Dixon on 10/06/07 21:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had the Freestyle only a couple of weeks but I can already see that I made the right choice. It drives good in torrential downpours, it handles well on very curvy roads, it hauls 6 family members ages 5-81 nicely and goes onward through the fog without any trouble. The fuel economy hasn't dropped below 20 mpg in city/highway driving which is a plus considering it hasn't hit 1000 miles yet. This crossover should have stayed on the market longer. I really think Ford made a bad decision by dropping it after just 3 years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.