Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

About my 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL
By bruce1458

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

So far I have not have some of those problems that some Freestyle owners have. I now have 64,000 miles, and still under the Ford ESP Warranty. The ride is a bit bumpy, gas mileage should be better, My biggest problem now is the door locks freezes up when snow or when temp falls below 25 degrees, then the doors wont close. I had to hold the driver door while driving. Not good. I received a Recall letter about eight years ago took it to a Dealer and thought I was fixed, come to find out nothing was done. In Maryland sometimes we our Winter is not as bad as the western or nothern States. Otherwise not a bad car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Power Seats, Color, Rear Parking Sensors and Passenger room. Wish there were more features.

Suggested Improvements

Better Breaking Distance, Improve Gas Mileage, Better Ride, Trunk space, Better sound stereo system, Better quality material for interior and exterior, and much better Engine Performance.

Practical till 130k
By carsnobby

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've been very happy with my Freestyle for the last 100k miles and 4 years...but once we hit 130,000 miles the car has developed several squeaks, rattles and several expensive repairs. In the last 3 months we have put $2600 into it. - $830 for a inner tie rod that cracked - $1825 for ball joints & control arms This car eats tires (have put on 3 sets of high mileage tires since 20k miles). Also has had 2 complete break jobs. Beyond the tire usage, it was a relatively cheap car to maintain, until the last 3 months. The car is getting to expensive to maintain and I am doubting its future reliability.

Favorite Features

Great rear folding seats and seating for 7 adults. Fuel economy with AWD is amazing - average about 21mpg with aggressive city/highway driving. Great road feel.

Suggested Improvements

Engine could be a bit bigger for better acceleration.

Couldn't be happier at 75000+ miles...
By bcb_wa

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2007 SEL AWD in 2008 with 13K miles on it. It was a rental in Alaska before I bought it in the state of Washington. Never a mechanical problem. Engine, CVT and AWD still runs like a champ. Solid as a rock with only a couple very minor trim rattles over rough pavement. Leather has held up well. Sad to see this die (TaurusX ended production in 2010), but its been reborn in the new 2011 Explorer. Same platform, similar interior, just more aggressive looks. Highly recommend getting one if you're in the market for similar vehicle. As for getting one of these used - I would heartily recommend one. TMV under 9K as of Feb 2012 - excellent value and comfort for a family hauler.

Favorite Features

AWD. CVT - always elicits comments from passengers on the lack of shifting. :) Seating versatility and ease of changing the configuration for cargo vs people. Comfort - seats are perfect height for ingress, no climb up or fall down/in. Support on the drivers seat is great. Tilting seatbacks in the rear bench a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

A few more horsepower - which they added in 2008 when they changed this to a TaurusX. Better rear heater air flow - it cooks the driver side rear passenger while only moderately helping the passenger side rear passenger. Add some split ducting. Only issue I've had is the folding seatback lever failure. Got it "fixed" once under warranty, but the dealer fix was apparently just a tie wrap on the push/pull cable who's retaining clip had broken. When I dug into it myself after it failed out of warranty, I put my own, more robust, tie wrap solution on and its been fine for 3 years. Don't go cheap on those cables, FORD! Minor part causes big headaches as it is difficult to fix properly.

Love this car!!
By jessiccamiller

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Freestyle about a week ago with 79,000 miles. So far it is an amazing vehicle. It runs great, I have had no issues with surging and it has really good pick up. I know it has only been a week, but I am completely satisfied. It has tons of room for my kids and two large dogs. I absolutely love it!!

I hate this car
By kshall1

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got talked into this car and have regretted it ever since. It has always given me problems. The surging issue being the most scary. In parking lots, at stop lights, whenever idling the stupid thing just surges forward or in reverse and I've nearly hit people and other cars many times! My foot is completely on the break and it just takes off. It has left me stranded, and I have 3 small children. Now its not shifting out of first gear and the ABS light just came on too. I hate this car. Praying it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fix. Ford..you REALLY need to take this seriously and recall these issues! They are dangerous and your going to end up getting sued.

Suggested Improvements

Recall this car. You really need to fix these dangerous problems. It's not ok to ignore them. You're losing customers, I will never buy a Ford again unless you do what is right and fix the problems that are obviously issues for MANY people. Please do the right thing