2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Love this car!!
By jessiccamiller on 06/21/12 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Freestyle about a week ago with 79,000 miles. So far it is an amazing vehicle. It runs great, I have had no issues with surging and it has really good pick up. I know it has only been a week, but I am completely satisfied. It has tons of room for my kids and two large dogs. I absolutely love it!!

Went in for a oil change came out with a morgage..
By 88jimbo on 12/29/11 05:45 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Went a local ford dealer for a oil change they said it was time to replace pwr steering fluid. No big deal the car has 70k on it they did that we got the car back . Not 3hrs later the check engine light comes on so I figured they might of bumped a sensor or somthing . so when my stepfather gets back he tells me the air box needs to be replaced . now this car has never been in a accident and yet the dealer tells him it was all cracked up and throttle body is rusted so the replaced for like $2000.00 so good enough they get car back .The next morning the check engine light is on again. Now they say it needs a computer for a nother $1500.00 .Now im pulling my hair out feel free to comment .

Good value for the money
By volman1 on 12/04/11 04:26 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought our Freestyle to replace a minivan. This car is one of the best layouts for a car on the road. We have approximately 120K on the car. The transmission is fine. I did have the throttle body replaced under warranty but I have discovered that you can easily clean the throttle body with a cleaner made for Fords.

Year 4 with my Freestyle
By taxiatmmom on 06/21/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After 4 years, I am still very satisfied with my Freestyle. No major repairs needed except brakes which were very reasonable. Roomy for my family of 6 and great for road trips. I'm not bothered by the "low power" issues, and it is actually better than most at uphill accelleration. My only gripes are the road noise and that fact that the rear lift gate doesn't close automatically.

Throttle Body & Brakes
By Terri on 07/11/10 00:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. Did everything a higher priced vehicle did. Just had the third throttle body put in and they can't tell us why this is happening. The first two were covered under warranty buy the last one cost us over $700. Said for us to pay and they will try to get our money back from factory. What about next time. Brakes keep wearing out also. Hate it but will have to get rid of. Ford should admit they have a problem and fix.

Ford Freestyle
By angie on 06/22/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the freestyle after driving an expedition to save on gas. It is really good on gas I get 27 mpg on highway in traffic. Plenty of room no repairs have been needed after 50,000 miles.

Great vehicle
By tool22p on 06/22/10 01:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this vehicle a week ago and it is great. There is nothing to complain about so far, rides and corners great. The engine is then same engine as our 2004 6 cylinder ford mustang had and sounds and acts exactly the same. Enjoy the beefy sound while accelerating. Was told by a Volvo tech that the chassis was the same as the Volvo chassis,as Volvo is owned by Ford this is not a surprise, awesome vehicle..

Awesome
By mrs price on 04/20/10 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used this year and I am in love with it. I love the style and the comfort. I would say this is the best car I've owned. Talk about space. Very roomy for me and the kids and my daycare. I wouldn't trade trade this care for any other crossover in its class. I am so satisfied and I guess I am a Ford girl again. Go Ford!

Loving the Freestyle
By Stacey on 12/17/09 21:00 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car almost 1 1/2 years ago, and I still adore it! I commuted to work in it for an entire year and I averaged about 26mpg, which is much better than I had expected. This car is nice for traveling across the country, and it drives very well in the mountains here in Colorado! Since I've owned my Freestyle, I've been able to avoid two near-misses with reckless drivers, and I believe that's because even though it's a small SUV/large wagon, it handles like a car. I still get giddy when I see it in a parking lot with other cars, it's so beautiful! In the year and a half the Freestyle has been mine, I've only had to replace my rear brakes.

Good Car
By JC on 12/01/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased vehicle with 7.5K, now have near 28K. No issues except windshield washer motor went bad (warranty fix). Good MPG 21 city 26-30 Hwy(60to75mph). Wife says seats and suspension over bumps could be softer. Hwy ride is great! Handles well in mountains. Really like the 3 seats, back rows fold flat. Lots of neat features. Storage in dash is nice. A little noisy on initial acceleration.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.