2007 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Couldn't be happier at 75000+ miles...
By bcb_wa on 02/05/13 12:27 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2007 SEL AWD in 2008 with 13K miles on it. It was a rental in Alaska before I bought it in the state of Washington. Never a mechanical problem. Engine, CVT and AWD still runs like a champ. Solid as a rock with only a couple very minor trim rattles over rough pavement. Leather has held up well. Sad to see this die (TaurusX ended production in 2010), but its been reborn in the new 2011 Explorer. Same platform, similar interior, just more aggressive looks. Highly recommend getting one if you're in the market for similar vehicle. As for getting one of these used - I would heartily recommend one. TMV under 9K as of Feb 2012 - excellent value and comfort for a family hauler.

Love this car!!
By jessiccamiller on 06/21/12 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Freestyle about a week ago with 79,000 miles. So far it is an amazing vehicle. It runs great, I have had no issues with surging and it has really good pick up. I know it has only been a week, but I am completely satisfied. It has tons of room for my kids and two large dogs. I absolutely love it!!

I hate this car
By kshall1 on 06/11/12 05:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got talked into this car and have regretted it ever since. It has always given me problems. The surging issue being the most scary. In parking lots, at stop lights, whenever idling the stupid thing just surges forward or in reverse and I've nearly hit people and other cars many times! My foot is completely on the break and it just takes off. It has left me stranded, and I have 3 small children. Now its not shifting out of first gear and the ABS light just came on too. I hate this car. Praying it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fix. Ford..you REALLY need to take this seriously and recall these issues! They are dangerous and your going to end up getting sued.

Went in for a oil change came out with a morgage..
By 88jimbo on 12/29/11 05:45 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Went a local ford dealer for a oil change they said it was time to replace pwr steering fluid. No big deal the car has 70k on it they did that we got the car back . Not 3hrs later the check engine light comes on so I figured they might of bumped a sensor or somthing . so when my stepfather gets back he tells me the air box needs to be replaced . now this car has never been in a accident and yet the dealer tells him it was all cracked up and throttle body is rusted so the replaced for like $2000.00 so good enough they get car back .The next morning the check engine light is on again. Now they say it needs a computer for a nother $1500.00 .Now im pulling my hair out feel free to comment .

Good value for the money
By volman1 on 12/04/11 04:26 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought our Freestyle to replace a minivan. This car is one of the best layouts for a car on the road. We have approximately 120K on the car. The transmission is fine. I did have the throttle body replaced under warranty but I have discovered that you can easily clean the throttle body with a cleaner made for Fords.

Ford CVT Transmission problems
By algc on 10/26/11 08:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our 2007 Ford Freestyle was purchased used in 2009 with 17000 miles. Immediately a traction controll light kept coming on on the dash. When we took it to the dealership, they couldn't find a problem and we were told to ignore it. Now at 66,000 miles, it has severe problems with the transmission not working. Worse, when we took it to two local dealerships, neither worked on the CVT transmission and wasn't able to diagnose or repair the problem. From reading reviews on the internet, I find that this problem is common in the Freestyle and the lack of Ford Trained Transmission specialists is common also. This car isn't reliable and I would pass on buying another with the CVT transmission.

Year 4 with my Freestyle
By taxiatmmom on 06/21/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After 4 years, I am still very satisfied with my Freestyle. No major repairs needed except brakes which were very reasonable. Roomy for my family of 6 and great for road trips. I'm not bothered by the "low power" issues, and it is actually better than most at uphill accelleration. My only gripes are the road noise and that fact that the rear lift gate doesn't close automatically.

07 Review Good buy
By styledriver on 01/10/11 11:17 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted minivan size without looks or cost. Find this while shopping. It gets better gas millage than a SUV, 18 when used in-town 100%. If you want a minivan/SUV with all the plus's get this!

Definitely a lemon
By MichD on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have to say that I have been very disappointed in this car.We had to replace the brakes and tires within 30,000 miles.Shortly after that we had a throttle body malfunction.Very expensive to fix.We just paid it off early, and it is falling apart. 55,000 miles and the mechanic just fixed the power steering problem, and told us that we need to fix both sides of Wheel bearings.$500 more. We also just found out that we need a new water pump. Another $500. Mechanic said that the transmission is about to go. Dealer said that it was strange to have so many problems for such a new car. No solution. No recalls yet. Don't buy this car unless you have thousands to throw away.

Like the ford freestlyle
By sue on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I only had it one week and driving is fun and my kids and husband love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.