Very disappoint with Ford Customer Care
By Hami on
2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
My husband and I purchased this vehicle two years ago (1 1/2 yrs old at the time) as a trade-in for a Ford Mustang. We were quite please with it until this year. We replaced all tires at 38,000 miles (Oct.), an alternator at 39,000 miles (Nov.) and I just broke down on the highway three days before Christmas, only to find that the transmission needs to be replaced! The car has 40,000 miles on it and of course it's past the 3yr./36,000 miles warranty by 5 months and 4,000 miles!!! Even the dealerships said it shouldn't go that soon, yet Ford seemed unwilling to help us. I registered a formal complaint and will be following up. No more Fords. My Corolla is 10 yrs old and no problems!
Favorite Features
The space inside, storage room in the back and we like the feature of the pull-down third seat, especially with our third child on the way.
Suggested Improvements
Obviously they need some work on their mechanical systems if we have to replace an alternator and transmission on a vehicle that is only 3 1/2 years old! Ford needs to be willing, with all that tax bailout money and low sales, to help out consumers with problems like this to keep them-they lost us.