2006 Ford Freestyle 3.0L V6 AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Throttle problem?

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

Throttle problem?
By audreyh on

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We bought our 2006 Freestyle SEL AWD new and have enjoyed driving the car. It gives a smooth, quiet ride. As another owner says, it turns from a passenger hauler to a cargo hauler in minutes. I do wish it got better gas mileage, but it is AWD.

Favorite Features

I like the convenience of the controls on the steering wheel. I can adjust the seats easily, control the interior temperature and easily check on my gas mileage, direction, exterior temp, etc. We mainly use it close to home, but have taken long trips and it's been very comfortable with lots of cargo room. Everything has worked well for us with just the usual maintenance of brakes, tires, light bulbs. No serious issues.

Suggested Improvements

I think we're starting to have an issue that we thought might be the transmission, but after reading other reviews, I am wondering if it's the throttle. It's sporadic, but sometimes the throttle goes so low that it seems like it's going to stall. I'm going to look at the throttle as I found on another blog before thinking about replacing a throttle body: http://www.edmunds.com/ford/freestyle/2006/consumer-reviews.html