2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Review: Superb, under appreciated vehi

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

Limited Wagon (3.0L V6 CVT Automatic)

Superb, under appreciated vehicle
By RichardK on

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a fully loaded FWD Limited and have driven 1500 miles with it. The ride is great and responsive; I get 29.5 miles/gal while doing 55/60 mph. There is loads of room for 7 passengers and having the DVD is great. For a fully loaded car that performs like this at $27.5K, this is a superb! I could not want more in a vehicle. I hope it lasts forever. I love it!

Superb seating and ride; wonderful console where everything falls to hand easily. Command seating position is a joy. The automotive press intoxication with horsepower is plain silly, The car has plenty of HP. No, you cannot do 0-60 in whiplash but, who buys a wagon to do track racing?

Give the LTD buyer more color choice. Why is it that when you pay MORE for a vehicle, your interior/exterior choices are FEWER? I would have loved to get it in bright red but only that wimpy Merlot was offered. What a yawn color! Can't Ford understand that paying more should give MORE choice.