2006 Ford Freestyle 3.0L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Superb, under appreciated vehicle

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Limited Wagon (3.0L V6 CVT Automatic)

Superb, under appreciated vehicle
By RichardK on

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a fully loaded FWD Limited and have driven 1500 miles with it. The ride is great and responsive; I get 29.5 miles/gal while doing 55/60 mph. There is loads of room for 7 passengers and having the DVD is great. For a fully loaded car that performs like this at $27.5K, this is a superb! I could not want more in a vehicle. I hope it lasts forever. I love it!

Favorite Features

Superb seating and ride; wonderful console where everything falls to hand easily. Command seating position is a joy. The automotive press intoxication with horsepower is plain silly, The car has plenty of HP. No, you cannot do 0-60 in whiplash but, who buys a wagon to do track racing?

Suggested Improvements

Give the LTD buyer more color choice. Why is it that when you pay MORE for a vehicle, your interior/exterior choices are FEWER? I would have loved to get it in bright red but only that wimpy Merlot was offered. What a yawn color! Can't Ford understand that paying more should give MORE choice.