2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Review: I LOVE this Freestyle

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.0L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

I LOVE this Freestyle
By Mardi on

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I never dreamed I could actually enjoy a "non-performance" car so much. I bought this vehicle strictly for practical purposes and expected to find it to be ho-hum. It is so comfortable, responsive, and agile that I find myself thinking of it as a fun vehicle after all. My criteria when I bought was that it hold six passengers with some degree of comfort. With high gas prices we wanted a family vehicle that would carry our extended family without having to take two cars. We all, from my 86 year old mother-in-law to my two-year-old grandson, choose the Freestyle even when we don't need the extra room. On top of that, it converts for cargo so easily, I often use it instead of the truck.

The comfort and roominess are tops. It compares favorably to a luxury sedan in ride. The seats fold and stow easily and the kids love the DVD for movies and games.

The only suggestion would be to find some way that the DVD screen doesn't block the center rear view mirror. Also, I saw a van from a different maker that had storage under the stowed seats--that was nice.