2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Review: I love my Freestyle.

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Review

I love my Freestyle.
By Moore on

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I feel safe in the vehicle. The ride is firm but very comfortable. I moved from an Explorer and an Expedition but I don't feel cramped in this vehicle. I travel from San Francisco area to Phoenix every two months so I am in my car for long periods of time. I am getting approximately 90% of the advertised mileage. I don't travel at the speed which would allow me to get what is published on the sticker. Manufacturers tend to advertise mileage attained at speeds much lower than what is actually experienced therefore a buyer of any vehicle should realize they will get slightly less. Overall my wife and I are very pleased with our purchase and believe we received what we expected.

The use of controls by the driver is very easy. The navigation system is quite functional as is the media (radio and DVD) players. We especially appreciate the driver seat memory system. The stowage area is quite generous. Overall all features are greatly appreciated.

A few inches need to be added to the width of the stowage area to allow golf clubs to lie across the back of the vehicle. A redesign is needed to be able to apply door edge guards to the rear passenger doors.