I flash my lights!
By Manager on
2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
I really enjoy driving this replacement for our Ford Aerostar. We were concerned about losing the roominess of our van but when I drove this against the Pacifica and reviewed other wagons there was no comparison to the functionality of the space. I drove 3 hours daily (on avg. 200 miles) for the first 2 months that we owned the vehicle. Most days I drove my Audi 100 (1989) that had better gas mileage but I looked forward to the days that I drove the Freestyle. I read that Ford has sold a bit more than 45k since 2005 but ear-marked sales at 100k and thus feel that they have missed their goals. I say great because when I see other people who have made this great choice I flash my lights!
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, roominess, CVT and pickup - so smooth that I went way over the speed limit and was stopped for it. Love the way that all of the seats fold and I did test the passenger side with a 10 foot ladder. When my wife drives I use the seat controls on the passenger to side to lay out!
Suggested Improvements
Lengthen the seat cushion on the driver side a bit. Remove the left foot rest on the driver side.