2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Review: Ford finally got it right!

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

Limited Wagon (3.0L V6 CVT Automatic)

Ford finally got it right!
By cincyrod on

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm one of those people who will not (typically) consider purchasing an American car. I normally buy Honda's. However, with the price of a base model Honda Pilot selling for over $28,000, I did my homework and found a LOADED Freestyle for about the same money. What a nice car! It has everything we were looking for (3rd row seating, dvd player, leather, etc.) without having to purchase a large SUV or a minivan. We love this vehicle! My only complaint is the fact that the roof rails are not made to hold anything; they are there simply there for aesthetic value. Basically, the roof rails are unable to accommodate a roof luggage/cargo carrier.

3rd row seating, leather seats, great gas mileage, dvd entertainment center, storage, cup holders, build quality, interior quality.

Again, my only complaint about this vehicle is the fact that the roof rails are not functional. A set of support brackets (which are not available) would have been nice. The horsepower could also be a little better, but I'm not going to complain given this vehicle gets an average of 24mpg.