2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Review: Excellent Minivan/SUV replacem

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.0L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Excellent Minivan/SUV replacement
By dzdncnfzd on

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have had our Freestyle for over a year now and we are still loving it. With the exception of the rear brakes wearing out prematurely we have had no issues. There seems to be a lot of negativity regarding the amount of power the engine has but I have not had any complaints in this regard. I'll be honest it's no sports car but then again this is a family car not a bachelor/mid life crisis mobile. The calls for a larger V8 engine in my opinion would kill one of this cars strongest points, its gas mileage. I challenge anyone to find a vehicle with as much interior space as this one that gets as good of gas mileage.

Up to seven passenger seating with a good amount of storage behind the third row seats. Tons of cargo room with third and second row seats folded. Volvo safety at a Ford price Three row side curtain airbags The gas mileage has also been excellent averaging between 19-20MPG in city driving.

My rear brakes needed to be replaced at 10K miles. Ford did do this under warranty and there is a TSB regarding this issue recommending a different brake pad type than original to correct it. Only time will tell if it does. My personal opinion is the rear disk brake pads are undersized/overworked

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review