Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Lovin' the Freestyle
By Roughneck

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my '06 Freestyle about a year with 24k on it and have put another 20k on it since. I love the CVT and how smooth it rides and the engine has more than enough power. Most of my driving is highway and the engine moves my Freestyle faster than any other car I had. The inerior is beautiful and all the features make it feel like a much more expensive car. All these bad reviews are full of it because I am still riding on my same brakes, CVT and Continental tires with no problems. Overall I love everything about my Freestyle and as of 40k don't have anyhting to complain about.

Moonroof, DVD, Auto Air, Auto Rearview Mirror Tint, CVT, Seating & Cargo Space

None

Mr
By BayAreaStyle

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Clean exterior styling, massive cargo space in a mid size vehicle, peppy CVT transmission. Freestyle doesn't stand out on a spec sheet but it does the things I purchased it for really well. Carrying a family of four and lots of outdoor gear in comfort in all conditions. We have been in Sierra blizzards, carried the in laws (with the extra 2 seats in the back), hauled 3 kayaks with camping gear and have been happy with the performance. Fuel economy in cruise is around 22 mpg which is pretty good for an AWD that weighs 5000 lbs

CVT transmission gives great acceleration despite the smallish engine, 112 in cargo space width and the rear, middle and front seasts all fold down flat. Outstanding all wheel drive performance proven in Sierra blizzards.

Ditch the plasticy interior and the fiddly air con controls. Lower ride height would also be nice (this is a wagon not an SUV)

Not bad
By Charlie

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It is going on 3yrs and about 30,000 miles and no major problems. New brakes as others have mentioned were replaced (covered by Ford). The tires need to be replaced soon. Gas mileage okay (about 18-20 city). Ride is good with plenty of room. Wondering if extended warranty is good idea as with any vehicle.

Roomy and interior looks cool for a crossover.

Better factory tires.

Transmission is out!
By Tammy

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car to get away from the high gas prices of my Ford Explorer. The car has great room. It seats 7. Comfort level is ok. I do not think of this car as stylish. However, it does fine on gas for the size. I WON'T buy this car again because my TRANSMISSION is now having to be replaced. Absolutely ridiculous for a 3 yr old car with 57k miles. Since Ford had the 3yr/36,000 warranty, I am having to pay for the repairs myself. I will not buy another Ford car again.

Space, feels safe inside

Better built overall car.

family hauler
By garryone

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

no problems in 18,000 miles smooth dependable power,this is not a race wagon but will get you up to highway speeds once you learn how the cvt trans works. City fuel milage at 24.4 summer 22 in winter and highway 27.5-33 mpg.

carries 7 passengers in comfort

a little more power would be a plus the cvt trans requires a different driving style