2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Ford's Best Kept Secret
By Central Virgina on 04/04/07 06:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was at the dealership looking for an Expedition or Explorer when the salesman pointed out the Freestyle, and I am glad he did. I bought the last 2006 the dealer had, it was on the showroom floor. Mine has AWD, extra airbags, safety and security option, rear AC, 60/40 middle seat, individual climate controls up front. It is dark Pearl Blue with a pebble interior. The car has a low center of gravity and is fun to drive and handlles really well.

The Rear Brakes are Not Fit For Purpose
By allanedgar on 04/02/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The rear brakes are not fit for purpose. After only 30,000KM the rear brakes started grinding. The pads were finished and the disks were scored. What a joke! My last car, a Honda Accord needed front pads only after 100,000KM and rear pads after 160000KM. No rotors changed. Is Ford going to recall this car and fit rear brakes which are 'Fit For Purpose'

I fought my husband for this car
By Shogrl6 on 03/24/07 15:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I fought hard for this car - I do enjoy it but after 3 months I had to buy 4 new tires. I am on my third cracked windshield and they are not cheap! My biggest complaint is the interior - I cannot keep it clean. Any moisture stains the cloth! I'm going crazy with this.

Something you can fit in
By Mike & Lora Perkins on 01/30/07 18:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I just purchased our new Freestyle limited addition back in Dec 06 and I have to say we love it. I wanted an SUV that I could fit in and at 6.4 and 270lbs that's not easy to find sometimes but this vehicle was everything we wanted and more, it's comfortable to ride in, easy to drive and it was loaded. Our son loves the rear DVD player and most of all I had plenty of room! There was no more of this getting out of my vehicle and my knee was on the ground or up on the dash as I was driving. The Freestyle was just the right fit for our family and our budget, I don't think I could have purchased something else this nice and loaded for what we paid for it, I'm very happy with it.

My 2006 Freestyle
By donsducks on 01/08/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought a used 2006 Freestyle with 11k miles. It was a former lease and we had been looking for a wagon instead of mini van or SUV. My wife loves the Freestyle, so we focused on purchasing one. Have had it for 1 week now and it rides wonderfully, it has a great transmission, but the one thing I noticed, and this seems true for all Fords, is that the disc brakes stink. They do not hold up well; when we looked at used Freestyles, every one of them needed brake jobs by 10k miles. Mine was done at 11k before I bought the car. Ford needs to do something about the brakes. I purchased brake dust shields as the pads shed dust terribly, you can get a set for about $75.

Poor durability of door weather strip.
By Gallen on 01/02/07 14:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Since buying my Freestyle in June 06, I am now taking it in to have the door weather stripping replaced on the passenger side for the second time. I bought this vehicle to accommodate my three kids. They get in and out of the passenger side daily. It has been two months since the first replacement of the weather stripping. Now we're back again. The stripping cracks and then pulls away from the frame. If this vehicle is supposed to be durable for kids, Ford needs to go back to the drawing board to address this issue.

Flexible Comfort
By Patrick Colbeck on 12/26/06 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I do not have any kids, but we do have a dog. The fold flat 2nd row bench works out great for us when traveling with our dog. We have also had no problems transporting up to seven friends and family in comfort. The leather seats heat up quickly during the Michigan winter and stay rather cool during the peak of summer. It has been a very enjoyable ownership experience.

First Time Owner of Freestyle
By Geof Bashioum on 12/21/06 18:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The more I drive my Freestyle the more I like it. Lots of room and smooth ride.

Jeckyl and Hyde Car
By Neil Edmonds on 12/20/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Family loves the car and its features but this car just isn't performing as I had hoped. Quality issues have been plentiful. Improper alignment from the factory caused both front tires to wear after 12k miles, speedometer head had to be replaced at 5k miles (took 5 days and had to have a rental), brake light sensor has been replaced twice and rear door trim continually came loose. Gas mileage is also far from Ford's claim. We get about 15MPG with mostly city driving. Our 2001 Highlander gets almost 20MPG city.

Excellent Minivan/SUV replacement
By dzdncnfzd on 12/14/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have had our Freestyle for over a year now and we are still loving it. With the exception of the rear brakes wearing out prematurely we have had no issues. There seems to be a lot of negativity regarding the amount of power the engine has but I have not had any complaints in this regard. I'll be honest it's no sports car but then again this is a family car not a bachelor/mid life crisis mobile. The calls for a larger V8 engine in my opinion would kill one of this cars strongest points, its gas mileage. I challenge anyone to find a vehicle with as much interior space as this one that gets as good of gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.