2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Great Car!
By Jim on 11/29/07 04:05 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Back in 2005 when these first came out we test drove one, and loved it. But at that point there was no reason to get rid of my 1997 Chevy S10 Blazer. Then we started having trouble with the Blazer and it was time to replace it. We test drove multiple other cars, to see if we found something we liked better - but could not. For the price and the sized vehical it was a awsome deal. I would recommend this vehicle to just about anyone with a family. We just got back from a trip from Michigan to Buffalo, NY - and it was awsome both ways! Had 6 people in the car and had plenty of power for everything.

I love this car!
By freestyin' momma on 11/28/07 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is great for moms. I've got 3 rugrats and the Freestyle has enough space for all of us and our stuff. I love this car. the design, handling, and performance are great. The in city mpg is a little disappointing. But this is generally a great car! Way to go Ford!

2006 Ford Freestyle
By Haig on 10/18/07 07:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice car which I am replacing with a TaurusX. We have had no problems with this vehicle since leasing it in 2005. It is comfortable, well designed and gets very good gas mileage for such a large vehicle. It has plenty of pep once it gets going but a little slow when accelerating from a stop.

Freestyling
By ec on 10/08/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great car, not a luxury car but much more suited for people with children and grandchildren. Comfortable,great gas mileage, handles like a dream fun to drive. Much better looking than a van, better gas mileage than the Jeep Grand Laredo I traded in for it. I was hesitant about trading my Jeep in on the Freestyle, even felt guilty about it. But the extra room and the great gas mileage have made me glad I made the switch even though the Jeep never gave me a problem in all its 150,000 miles. Here,s to getting 150,000 miles or more out of my Freestyle

Beware of transmission!
By Patricia Doyle on 07/24/07 16:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased our Freestyle in 8/06 and were initially very pleased with it. It handled well and looked sharp. The kids loved it too. We had problems, though, with the dashboard lights (fuel cap, check engine, etc.) going on and off. Finally the worst happened July 7th. While riding on the NJ Turnpike, our transmission died. We were shocked (but thankfully safe). The car had only 12,800 miles. The transmission needed to be replaced and we were using a rental for two weeks. Ford didn't even reimburse us for all of our expenses. The car is back and is running fine. I'm very disappointed with Ford, though. I thought they would take better care of us throughout this ordeal.

Gas Mileage
By Mom on 07/17/07 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am always taking my kids to their next activity. We have plenty of room for travel, friends, equipment. Gas mileage stays around 20mpg in the city which I consider to be good. Going on a long to Florida this summer we never got better gas mileage than 21.2. If you buy this car you will love it for its room and comfort, but don't expect 27 mpg on the highway. I would buy it again.

A very competent vehical
By Gator Fan on 07/02/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our family has enjoyed our Freestyle on trips, and it is not bad around town. It is easy to park. Mileage has been 18 to 20 in town, and 25 to 26 highway.

Great Family Car
By Jym McNamara on 05/06/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm just in love with the car. For the price I couldn't get anything better. It has plenty of space and is fairly comfortable. The engine runs smootly and it handles awesome.

Sure Winner!
By Born Free on 04/22/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It does not make sense to me why people have to buy a more expensive SUV like a Benz when they can get a Ford Freestyle. My 2006 Freestyle SEL has got everything I need to drive in comfort, safety and economy. This CUV is recommended by the Consumers Reports magazine and its reliability rating is way better than a those CUV with double the price. It has a very pleasing exterior design. Not too aggressive like a Murano, and not too dull like a Honda Pilot. It drives like a small car and the view is like a penthouse on the road. People complain about the dashboard reflection issue but not really a problem. A bit noisy like a tiger when climbing up the hill but I like it like it is.

Great Family Car!
By Chris & Abby on 04/16/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

For a family of four with two car seats this car is great. The car offers ample passenger and cargo space in all configuations. Additionally changing seating/cargo configurations is very quick and easy. It's a great cross between a station wagon and SUV without sacrificing comfort, road handling, or visibility. In addition it has great fuel economy for its cargo and passenger capacity. If you have a fairly big family and don't need to tow much weight this is the an excellent choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.