Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

2006 Ford Freestyle
By dbldsdad

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my Freestyle for 4 years and have accumulated almost 100,000 miles. I drive 70 miles a day round trip to work averaging 25 miles per gallon, but up to 30 on the freeway. However, I am on my fourth set of tires. Putting SUV/truck tires on will make them last longer. This crossover is just too heavy for car tires. Because of my milage the trade-in value does not equal the actual value...

Size... I am 6'5" 265lbs. CVT and it's MPG. DVD Player is a sanity check on long trips.

If Ford started with a heavier duty tire, they would not have to replace them as often. “They” being Sander’s Ford and their “tires for life program”.

Tranny problems AWD CVT 2nd time in '09
By PM

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Really liked this car until this January, at 39k miles high pitch whine coming from the engine. Dealership had the car for 1 month, we did get a rental, but they wanted to replace the transmission and Ford had them rebuild it. So they did and now we're now at 55k miles and we're having the same issue. Waiting on the dealership's word on repairs. Under warranty in January, still warrantied now. But looking at our options to offload it. I would not recommend buying a used Freestyle with the CVT!

Best Car Ever!!!
By lovemyford2

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Freestyle!Nothing but luck with Fords! Bought brand new after my husband convinced me to test drive it when I was determined for an Explorer! I don't understand how people can say this car has no go! I am surprised I have not gotten a ticket! It rides so smooth that you look down and realize you are going 15 over the speed limit. Roomy for 6 adults & we use it all the time for camping!Features are great!My husband is a mechanic and checked with other mechanics at the dealership to see if there were major issues. To date we have 47,000 mile with just regular maintenance.Commute 70miles to wk avg 23-25 mpg in stop-go traffic;Round town avg 19-22 mpg; Long distance hwy 24-27mpg!

Controls all in reach and smooth ride!Sits higher than a normal car but not as high as a truck making it easy to get in and out of.

Only disappointments are having to replace the tires after only 3 years and the noise when traveling on the highway with the windows open(quiet as could be with windows closed though).

Love It!
By carnaby

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Had our 2006 Freestyle 2wd for a year now. Bought used in 2008. Very reliable after driving it from 24k miles to 46k miles. Takes the family everywhere in comfort without being so bulky as a minivan. Second row seats 6'+ adults very comfortably. Third row offers plenty of leg room, and seats 5'8" adults comfortably. Decent in snow, in spite of being 2wd. Nimble enough off road. Rugged compared to crossover SUVs. Excellent vehicle, would recommend.

Simple design that works very well. Very comfortable seating arrangement. Folding third row seats give excellent cargo room. Decent cargo room when third row in use.

Difficult to see cars/pedestrians at intersections because of front window pillar locations.

LOVE THIS CAR THING
By LOVIN IT !!!

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The good thing that I personally love about this car is, well every thing it has enough power,room,dvd player,even climate control. I have driven over 60,000 kms and still have 4% on the front and 7% in the rear.Now, all my tires are worn more than the other but its not an alignment problem its how much I haul more weight in one corner.

every thing that it has.

The DVD screen gets really hot within about 5 mins so don't put plastics on. cargo space could improve but 86 square feet is enough. And a rope or something should be attached to the hatch.