Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!!!
By cmel1985

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my freestyle about 2 1/2 years ago the first 8 months went well then we started seeing some problems first it was some kind of ignition sensor we replaced that 3 times then the fuel rail pressure sensor went out that was a $100 dealer only part then 1week later the fuel pump went out we replaced that $400 now one month later we are haveing the same problem with the fuel rail sensor and the car is jerking like the tranny may be having some problems which after seeing this site is commen in this vehicle I tried to trade it in today still owe to much on it basicaly (FORD means Found On Road Dead) never will I ever own a Ford again I was stupid to do it this time..

nothing even the CD player went out

recall then fix on the tranny's and the Fuel sensors.

Very disappointed
By carleysdad

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Up until five years ago I had not purchased an American car in more than 15 years. For me, the quality of Honda's automobiles cannot be matched. Having said that, 5 years ago I decided to give Ford a shot due to all of the press stating that "Ford was back" and the quality of their vehicles had improved. Not! I have had nothing but problems with my Freestyle since buying it new in 2006. Crappy brakes, CVT transmission problems, throttle body problems, etc. My first bad experience happended while on vacation more than 1,000 miles from home when it broke down while we were on the expressway. And in my experiences, the Ford dealers service centers are the worst in the industry.

Nice interior design. V-6 engine provides plenty of power.

Too many to list! Do NOT purchase a Ford Freestyle.

Throttle problem?
By audreyh

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We bought our 2006 Freestyle SEL AWD new and have enjoyed driving the car. It gives a smooth, quiet ride. As another owner says, it turns from a passenger hauler to a cargo hauler in minutes. I do wish it got better gas mileage, but it is AWD.

I like the convenience of the controls on the steering wheel. I can adjust the seats easily, control the interior temperature and easily check on my gas mileage, direction, exterior temp, etc. We mainly use it close to home, but have taken long trips and it's been very comfortable with lots of cargo room. Everything has worked well for us with just the usual maintenance of brakes, tires, light bulbs. No serious issues.

I think we're starting to have an issue that we thought might be the transmission, but after reading other reviews, I am wondering if it's the throttle. It's sporadic, but sometimes the throttle goes so low that it seems like it's going to stall. I'm going to look at the throttle as I found on another blog before thinking about replacing a throttle body: http://www.edmunds.com/ford/freestyle/2006/consumer-reviews.html

Transmission
By Daddio3

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This WAS a great family car. Everyone loved taking trips in it either down the road or across the state. The interior isn't the most fashionable, but it's comfortable and easy to clean. That was until the "bulletproof" CVT went out. No problems at all up until this point, but now one MAJOR problem offsets everything else that didn't go wrong. What's worse, everyone I've spoken to who either owns or fixes these has had the SAME PROBLEM! Shouldn't America's only real car company step up and do the right thing?!? Where's the recall?

Extremely versatile without feeling like a minivan. My middle school kids actually think it's cool!

Have the warranty mean something, especially when you KNOW something is wrong!

Bad Trans! Beware
By Beware Bad Trans!!

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car thinking I would pay it off and be able to keep it a few after that! WRONG! I was just told at 62,000 miles the transmission is bad and will cost $3,000.00. Dealer and customer care are willing to do nothing but waste my time. I still have a year of payments and am just hoping no more repairs. I am extremely disappointed with Ford and will never buy from them again!

Take responsibility for faulty parts built into this car! Shame on Ford!

• SUV