2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Best vehicle for money!
By alex2009b on 03/21/10 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love this beauty, I have limited with all options available. Just can't get enough of it, drives so nice and smooth! Bought it for my wife-have two kids, very roomy and comfortable. Love how it behaves on a highway! Very steady! We have friends coming over all the time, and we leave their car by our house-and leave all together in this 7 passenger! Love it! I just sold another car and my wife asking if I want to get the same one for myself! :) never knew Ford was this good until tried it out myself! All 5 stars! Way to go Ford!

2006 Ford Freestyle SE in NC
By Jermnc77 on 01/06/10 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the Freestyle new in 2006. I love the Freestyle! I love the styling cues of an SUV mixed with a stationwagon. I would have loved to seen a "wood" panel addition. This car is an excellent traveler! We drove it from NC to OK and enjoyed every mile. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of keeping this car and paying it off! That has NEVER happened to me! My average mpg is 23 miles per gallon. I have never achieved the advertised "500 miles per tank". Still it gets better gas mileage than any other SUV's or vans this size! I got the CVT trans model. I wish I had gotten a regular trans instead. The CVT has a towing capacity of 2k, while the reg trans had a 3k

Very disappoint with Ford Customer Care
By Hami on 12/23/09 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I purchased this vehicle two years ago (1 1/2 yrs old at the time) as a trade-in for a Ford Mustang. We were quite please with it until this year. We replaced all tires at 38,000 miles (Oct.), an alternator at 39,000 miles (Nov.) and I just broke down on the highway three days before Christmas, only to find that the transmission needs to be replaced! The car has 40,000 miles on it and of course it's past the 3yr./36,000 miles warranty by 5 months and 4,000 miles!!! Even the dealerships said it shouldn't go that soon, yet Ford seemed unwilling to help us. I registered a formal complaint and will be following up. No more Fords. My Corolla is 10 yrs old and no problems!

2006 Ford Freestyle
By dbldsdad on 11/29/09 06:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my Freestyle for 4 years and have accumulated almost 100,000 miles. I drive 70 miles a day round trip to work averaging 25 miles per gallon, but up to 30 on the freeway. However, I am on my fourth set of tires. Putting SUV/truck tires on will make them last longer. This crossover is just too heavy for car tires. Because of my milage the trade-in value does not equal the actual value...

Tranny problems AWD CVT 2nd time in '09
By PM on 11/12/09 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Really liked this car until this January, at 39k miles high pitch whine coming from the engine. Dealership had the car for 1 month, we did get a rental, but they wanted to replace the transmission and Ford had them rebuild it. So they did and now we're now at 55k miles and we're having the same issue. Waiting on the dealership's word on repairs. Under warranty in January, still warrantied now. But looking at our options to offload it. I would not recommend buying a used Freestyle with the CVT!

Best Car Ever!!!
By lovemyford2 on 10/18/09 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Freestyle!Nothing but luck with Fords! Bought brand new after my husband convinced me to test drive it when I was determined for an Explorer! I don't understand how people can say this car has no go! I am surprised I have not gotten a ticket! It rides so smooth that you look down and realize you are going 15 over the speed limit. Roomy for 6 adults & we use it all the time for camping!Features are great!My husband is a mechanic and checked with other mechanics at the dealership to see if there were major issues. To date we have 47,000 mile with just regular maintenance.Commute 70miles to wk avg 23-25 mpg in stop-go traffic;Round town avg 19-22 mpg; Long distance hwy 24-27mpg!

Love It!
By carnaby on 09/27/09 23:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Had our 2006 Freestyle 2wd for a year now. Bought used in 2008. Very reliable after driving it from 24k miles to 46k miles. Takes the family everywhere in comfort without being so bulky as a minivan. Second row seats 6'+ adults very comfortably. Third row offers plenty of leg room, and seats 5'8" adults comfortably. Decent in snow, in spite of being 2wd. Nimble enough off road. Rugged compared to crossover SUVs. Excellent vehicle, would recommend.

LOVE THIS CAR THING
By LOVIN IT !!! on 09/20/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The good thing that I personally love about this car is, well every thing it has enough power,room,dvd player,even climate control. I have driven over 60,000 kms and still have 4% on the front and 7% in the rear.Now, all my tires are worn more than the other but its not an alignment problem its how much I haul more weight in one corner.

Quite satisfied!
By Deb on 08/18/09 00:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We replaced our 1994 Aerostar with the 2006 Freestyle SE in 2007 and have not been disappointed at all. It offers a very smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride. We average 20 mpg in town and about 22-24 on the highway. The steering is tight, but can turn on a dime. The only problem we have had is with the second row seating getting stuck and not always wanting to fold flat. Overall we are very pleased with the performance and absolutely love the CVT transmission! The vehicle had 32,000 miles when we bought it and now has 41,000. To those reviewers who say the vehicle has no power I am at a loss as to why because it moves when you want or need it to and it doesn't hesitate.

love it
By rivvy on 07/30/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this used with 31,000 on it, we haul a lot of stuff due to making repairs on house, this is one large roomy vehicle.. Still getting used to all the bells and whistles but can't say a bad thing about it traded in a Cherokee for it and have not had one bit of trouble with it so far. We have had 6 people in it and all were comfortable with plenty of elbow room

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.