Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SE Wagon Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

CVT Transmission Failure
By Michael From Pennsylvania

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased new as best mileage for size and style (no one makes a wagon anymore. Never lived up to specs, hiway mileage rarely beat minimums. Comfortable and good looking, drove nicely but under powered, just to darn heavy. Lost the CVT Transmission at 52000 miles with no warning. Now I'm stuck. Sorry I bought it.

NC Freestyle Review
By jermnc77

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Enjoy the ride of the vehicle. A lot of people don't know what it is though. I got the base model without leather. Cloth seats do stain easily and aren't easy to clean without making water stains. It does have rear AC/heat. Added on the DVD system and second row center console after I purchased it. So it's basically a next level up from base now. Was extremely disappointed in gas mileage though. Sticker stated 22/28. Commercials stated 500 miles to a tank of gas. I've never experienced 28 mpg or that many miles to a tank. What I do enjoy about the car is the versatility of it. It's a great person carrier. Is very comfortable to travel in. Love the smooth as silk CVT transmission.

Ride height and seat height inside. Easy to get in/out of. DVD system. Dual climate controls for front passengers and rear climate controls for rear passengers. Love the car feel ride in a larger vehicle body. Handles superbly! Rear windows roll all the way down Excellent safety record!

Ford needs a new interior cloth that does not stain easily/easy to clean. Push for bright lights instead of the 80's click. Windshield wiper controls go in opposite direction of most other cars, confusing at times. More user friendly climate controls (I have push button and hate it)Improve MPGs!

A lot for he Money
By Mike S.

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We bought our Freestyle 2wd used with 32,000 miles on it. Needed more space than the Taurus we had to haul things. Recent trip from N. Indiana to St. Louis on interstate got 26-27 mph doing 70-75 mph. Do that with most SUV's. Real versatile with seating and hauling. Slight hesitation on exceleration (like a turbo lag), but hang on when the engine revs and the trany adjusts for the need. First trip was from N. Indiana to Mackinac Island 4 adults, 2 bikes on the back, loaded, doing 75 mph on interstate and some 2 lane driving - and got over 23 mph - super. Brakes are not a problem. Still have originals at 53000. Anyone going through them fast needs to change their driving habits.

MPG, turning radius, dual climate and rear climate controls, long wheel base - semi-firm ride but not choppy - I like it that way. Versatility for hauling. Storage in doors, console, dash, and glove box. Electric access for GPS, cellphones, etc.

Seat material - stains - use oxy cleaner that works well, but by the directions. Rear door locks to open when ignition is turned off.

2006 Freestyle SE
By ojdash

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice car. I bought an SE for about 3k under TW on here so I am very happy about that. I like the fact that I get duel climate control and power adjustable driver seat on the base model. I couldn't ask for more with a cold-natured fiance. I am usually rougher on cars than most so leather would be a bad option for me. The ride is a bit noisy on the highway but not bad. It is very comfortable and the driving position is perfect. It has about 30k on it. No problems so far. Overall I love it!

Seated height, dual climate control, price

Quieter ride, better fuel economy (I get between 25-27 on the highway which is respectable)

I love this car!
By freestyin' momma

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is great for moms. I've got 3 rugrats and the Freestyle has enough space for all of us and our stuff. I love this car. the design, handling, and performance are great. The in city mpg is a little disappointing. But this is generally a great car! Way to go Ford!

I absolutely love the conversaion mirror. I can see what everyone is doing. I call it the mommy mirror.

Can we please improve on the mpg. And the leg space for the third row is extremely narrow.