2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Decent!
By diveduo on 10/27/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Overall a good, useful and fun to drive vehicle. Wish it had more HP for better acceleration, but like the fuel economy vs. the capacity and existing power. Nice interior layout. The one thing I don't like is the excessive glare and reflection of the instrument panel in the windshield in daylight hours.

Superb, under appreciated vehicle
By RichardK on 10/10/05 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a fully loaded FWD Limited and have driven 1500 miles with it. The ride is great and responsive; I get 29.5 miles/gal while doing 55/60 mph. There is loads of room for 7 passengers and having the DVD is great. For a fully loaded car that performs like this at $27.5K, this is a superb! I could not want more in a vehicle. I hope it lasts forever. I love it!

Love our Freestyle!
By daire on 10/01/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the handling and especially like the performance of the CVT. We bought a 2006 Limited FWD with the safety package in Titanium Green with pebble interior. The suspension seems a bit stiff here at the beginning, but all in all a nice ride. GREAT mileage! We got 27.7 average MPG on our first tank. That exceed our expectations for a break in period. Love the memory seats and mirrors too. Makes it feel like a luxury car at a not so luxury price. A great value, in my opinion. Seems to have plenty of power too, although we have yet to drive it loaded up. The only minor complaint is that the LED is difficult to see in bright sun, and I wish the windshield was larger. Love the moonroof.

So Far So Good
By FirstFord on 09/27/05 02:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Like all domestics, one should be able to get a great deal. Pleasantly paid just a few hundred over invoice. Dealer experience was very positive. Honestly, settled on the car out of necessity and lack of offerings from other car companies. Only vehicle with 3 rows of seating, car like gas mileage, decent trunk space, price $30K or less. There should be more choices in the future due to high gas prices; meantime, this is probably one of few choices.

Goldilocks of SUVs
By theaba on 08/26/05 02:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is just the right car between a station wagon and a SUV. It did a great job of moving our student's load to the college dorm. My other car is a sport car. So, I drove the car in a spirited fashion and I was very impressed by its handling. The CVT gear works very nice. We made sure to get side air bags. This is not a standard feature but an option. You need to insist on it. Two other important factors in our purchase decision was its #1 rating in roll-over test (above Acura MDX), and its top ranking in crash testing (based on Volvo cage).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.