Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

A very competent vehical
By Gator Fan

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our family has enjoyed our Freestyle on trips, and it is not bad around town. It is easy to park. Mileage has been 18 to 20 in town, and 25 to 26 highway.

The DVD has been great for our son, and anyone in the back.

Putting the video screens in the head rest would be better, the screen in the middle negates the rearveiw mirror, and I have hit my head a few times on it as well.

Ford finally got it right!
By cincyrod

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm one of those people who will not (typically) consider purchasing an American car. I normally buy Honda's. However, with the price of a base model Honda Pilot selling for over $28,000, I did my homework and found a LOADED Freestyle for about the same money. What a nice car! It has everything we were looking for (3rd row seating, dvd player, leather, etc.) without having to purchase a large SUV or a minivan. We love this vehicle! My only complaint is the fact that the roof rails are not made to hold anything; they are there simply there for aesthetic value. Basically, the roof rails are unable to accommodate a roof luggage/cargo carrier.

3rd row seating, leather seats, great gas mileage, dvd entertainment center, storage, cup holders, build quality, interior quality.

Again, my only complaint about this vehicle is the fact that the roof rails are not functional. A set of support brackets (which are not available) would have been nice. The horsepower could also be a little better, but I'm not going to complain given this vehicle gets an average of 24mpg.

Best of the Crossovers
By FRtyme

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Researched many vehicles, Crossover/SUV's, but for the price could not beat the Freestyle. Interior does not look plastic. It is finished off nicely. Very comfortable and roomy. Power is more than adequate and handling is superb. Fun to drive. Only drawback I have found, there is a reflection of the dash in the windshield during the daylight hours. I can live with it. Great car, Ford should push it more then they do. They have a winner here.

Power seats, dual climate controls, message center, cargo area, fuel economy, handling.

Get rid of the dash glare.

Enjoying my new ride
By charlieclaudia

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I had been researching and test driving various SUVs for over one year. I was looking for something with the comfort and versatility of a minivan, good gas mileage and not too big. Also didn't want to spend too much. The Freestyle is a great option. The ride is firm. I can easily get in and out of the car. The seats are the right proportion fit for me - much better than the ones in our F350. The glare on the windshield is very annoying. Polarized sun glasses are needed!

Memory seat and mirrors, controls on the steering wheel, adjustable brake and gas, easy use of third row seats/storage.

The control panel (A/C, seat heaters, fan) is not easy to see or use. Automatic rear door - it's heavy! Fix the windshield glare issue.

5000 new miles
By medic

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in Florida and drove it back to CT for usage. Average mileage has been about 24 mpg which includes some A/C usage and 70-75 speeds.

Wiper controls are convenient.

1. Improve the sound for the rear parking sensors. A bell sound at the drivers area would be helpful. 2. Improve the navigation screen for daytime viewing, presently the single lines and poor contrast don't give a clear picture of the roads. Check out Magellan 700 for better graphics. Floor rugs.