2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
NC Freestyle Review
By jermnc77 on 09/19/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Enjoy the ride of the vehicle. A lot of people don't know what it is though. I got the base model without leather. Cloth seats do stain easily and aren't easy to clean without making water stains. It does have rear AC/heat. Added on the DVD system and second row center console after I purchased it. So it's basically a next level up from base now. Was extremely disappointed in gas mileage though. Sticker stated 22/28. Commercials stated 500 miles to a tank of gas. I've never experienced 28 mpg or that many miles to a tank. What I do enjoy about the car is the versatility of it. It's a great person carrier. Is very comfortable to travel in. Love the smooth as silk CVT transmission.

A lot for he Money
By Mike S. on 06/21/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We bought our Freestyle 2wd used with 32,000 miles on it. Needed more space than the Taurus we had to haul things. Recent trip from N. Indiana to St. Louis on interstate got 26-27 mph doing 70-75 mph. Do that with most SUV's. Real versatile with seating and hauling. Slight hesitation on exceleration (like a turbo lag), but hang on when the engine revs and the trany adjusts for the need. First trip was from N. Indiana to Mackinac Island 4 adults, 2 bikes on the back, loaded, doing 75 mph on interstate and some 2 lane driving - and got over 23 mph - super. Brakes are not a problem. Still have originals at 53000. Anyone going through them fast needs to change their driving habits.

2006 Freestyle SE
By ojdash on 11/29/07 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice car. I bought an SE for about 3k under TW on here so I am very happy about that. I like the fact that I get duel climate control and power adjustable driver seat on the base model. I couldn't ask for more with a cold-natured fiance. I am usually rougher on cars than most so leather would be a bad option for me. The ride is a bit noisy on the highway but not bad. It is very comfortable and the driving position is perfect. It has about 30k on it. No problems so far. Overall I love it!

I love this car!
By freestyin' momma on 11/28/07 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is great for moms. I've got 3 rugrats and the Freestyle has enough space for all of us and our stuff. I love this car. the design, handling, and performance are great. The in city mpg is a little disappointing. But this is generally a great car! Way to go Ford!

Great Family Car
By Jym McNamara on 05/06/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm just in love with the car. For the price I couldn't get anything better. It has plenty of space and is fairly comfortable. The engine runs smootly and it handles awesome.

My 2006 Freestyle
By donsducks on 01/08/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought a used 2006 Freestyle with 11k miles. It was a former lease and we had been looking for a wagon instead of mini van or SUV. My wife loves the Freestyle, so we focused on purchasing one. Have had it for 1 week now and it rides wonderfully, it has a great transmission, but the one thing I noticed, and this seems true for all Fords, is that the disc brakes stink. They do not hold up well; when we looked at used Freestyles, every one of them needed brake jobs by 10k miles. Mine was done at 11k before I bought the car. Ford needs to do something about the brakes. I purchased brake dust shields as the pads shed dust terribly, you can get a set for about $75.

Great Family Car!
By Pugliese Family on 10/27/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have only owned this car for about a month. We did not see many on the road where we live and were wondering why Ford didn't advertise more about this great vehicle. Thank goodness for customer review sites like this one. We were shopping for a 6-7 passenger vehicle but did not want a big SUV or a van. When we were in Italy this year we rented a 6 passenger wagon and we were hooked. As soon as we got back to the USA we started shopping for a 6-7 passenger wagon. Ford Freestyle offered a spectacular car. It is easy to park and drive and seats 7 very nicely. The gas mileage is much better than my Explorer.

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!
By Caryn B on 09/08/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is roomier and more family friendly than my Toyota RAV4 and just as much fun as my former Ford Mustang with all the quality and comfort of my mother's Volvo. Both I and my picky husband think that this is our favorite vehicle of all the cars we have owned.

I really like this vehicle.
By GlenM on 09/04/06 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Just got my '06 Freestyle this weekend. I went in looking for an Escape but as I was walking by the Freestyle my head did one of those whip around things. Unlike some who think the Freestyles exterior is dull, I actually like its looks. Then I discovered the functionality of the interior. But, I reserved my buying decision until I test drove it. True it's not going to beat a lot of similar sized vehicles off the mark, but that's not what it's designed for. I've owned mostly Chryslers, Chevys, and Beemers, but I can't think of one of them with a smoother tranny than the Freestyle. My only concern is long-term durability, but we'll see about that.

About my new Freestyle Review
By Paul Merithew on 07/07/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I went from a Kia to Freestyle. We wanted a van, but this vehicle here has everything we need. From the power to storage space to the cup holders even has a great sound system. The bonus about this vehicle is that it got a 5 star safety award which saved me a lot on my insurance. I just want who ever is in charge and who ever designed this vehicle to know, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You. My 5 year old daughter Thanks you for all the room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.