Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Quite satisfied!
By Deb

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We replaced our 1994 Aerostar with the 2006 Freestyle SE in 2007 and have not been disappointed at all. It offers a very smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride. We average 20 mpg in town and about 22-24 on the highway. The steering is tight, but can turn on a dime. The only problem we have had is with the second row seating getting stuck and not always wanting to fold flat. Overall we are very pleased with the performance and absolutely love the CVT transmission! The vehicle had 32,000 miles when we bought it and now has 41,000. To those reviewers who say the vehicle has no power I am at a loss as to why because it moves when you want or need it to and it doesn't hesitate.

CVT is wonderful!! Great cargo space. Very comfortably fits 7 passengers of average size.

The cloth seats while comfortable are really bad about staining. The material used for those seats should be replaced. Adding a strap to close the hatch would be nice, especially for short people like myself.

Not bad
By Charlie

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It is going on 3yrs and about 30,000 miles and no major problems. New brakes as others have mentioned were replaced (covered by Ford). The tires need to be replaced soon. Gas mileage okay (about 18-20 city). Ride is good with plenty of room. Wondering if extended warranty is good idea as with any vehicle.

Roomy and interior looks cool for a crossover.

Better factory tires.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By orrsonly

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I commute on a regular basis with 4 teenagers in the car. There is plenty of room and everyone is comfortable. I also live in Rochester, NY. Snow has been no problem with this "truck", I recently slid on black ice and no damage was done to my vehicle. Mileage is not that bad either for the size, I maintain 22-24 MPG. I would reccomend this car to anyone with kids. I regularly have 6-7 people in the car and there are few fights between the kids and that's saying a lot with my crew!

My teenagers all fit without being in each other's laps. We even have room for friends. The seats are comfortable and if we eat in the car, there is space for everyone's drinks.

Better fasteners for plastic pieces. My kids broke the cup holder in the middle soon after we bought it.

Excellent Family Car
By jules

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great car for a small family. Full size cooler fits in rear cargo area with 3rd row seat up. 3rd row seat is comfortable for kids only. Great leg room in front and middle sections. Great acceleration - don't know why the critics downplay its engine. Door panels are kind of flimsy from the outside. Overall we love our Freestyle!

Rear cargo area and 3rd row seats that fold completely flat. I can get more in this car than I could in my old Expedition.

Strenghthen door panels. Add roof cargo racks.

CVT Transmission Failure
By Michael From Pennsylvania

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased new as best mileage for size and style (no one makes a wagon anymore. Never lived up to specs, hiway mileage rarely beat minimums. Comfortable and good looking, drove nicely but under powered, just to darn heavy. Lost the CVT Transmission at 52000 miles with no warning. Now I'm stuck. Sorry I bought it.