2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Freestyle Living
By Del Buono Sr. on 09/13/05 21:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The SE Freestyle '05 'is a great basic car/SUV with the all wheel drive. The view from the roomy cab is excellent and the performance of the 6 cylinder engine is more than enough. Gas mileage is average for these tough times 21-26. The theater seating in the rear is roomy for teenagers as well as adults. They all comment on it.

Good Alternative to SUV or Minivan
By Nikko on 09/06/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased the Freestyle in April of 2005. We have found it to be a comfortable and easy to drive vehicle with plenty of cargo room. The CVT is a wonder. Good amount of responsive power with smooth handling.

a Ford upgrade
By jd miller on 09/06/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our recent vacation trips to Florida, Canada and the Jersey shore found a comfortable, easy to handle station wagon. There was plenty of room for people, luggage and cargo (bikes on back). The transmission served the gas mileage from 23.5 on the high speed Florida trip to the easy ride to Canada for 25.7 mpg. We are well pleased after 6,957 miles to date.

Best Kept Secret
By John G on 09/01/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Traded my '05 Windstar for the AWD Freestyle; first road trip to Green Bay averaged 27.1 mpg, 750 mile round trip averaged 26.2 with 4000 miles on engine. Excellent fit, doors sound expensive when slammed! Fun to drive on stop & go Eisenhower into Chicago, no noticeable shifting up & down.

Ford's Best Kept Secret
By Kim on 08/28/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my gas-guzzling Expedition for a Freestyle. Walked into the dealer looking for an Explorer when the Freestyle caught my eye. Went home, did some research and came back to the dealer for a test-drive. Convinced I made the right decision. Compares to a Volvo XC70. Could use bumper guards on the door panels. The thought of a late-model Caddy pulling in the parking space next to you is little unnerving but I've read the Ford 500 door guards work well as an aftermarket item. Also for chrome tip exhaust ,the Audi A4's are compatible and save you money when it come to upgrading the "look"

Goldilocks of SUVs
By theaba on 08/26/05 02:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is just the right car between a station wagon and a SUV. It did a great job of moving our student's load to the college dorm. My other car is a sport car. So, I drove the car in a spirited fashion and I was very impressed by its handling. The CVT gear works very nice. We made sure to get side air bags. This is not a standard feature but an option. You need to insist on it. Two other important factors in our purchase decision was its #1 rating in roll-over test (above Acura MDX), and its top ranking in crash testing (based on Volvo cage).

Not too shabby...
By schilke on 08/24/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Was considering a Magnum, but when I test drove this, I knew it was the right choice. I am a bit wide in the leg department, and this is a bit cramped up front, but not too uncomfortable. Like the techie aspect of the CVT and the AWD. We'll see how it performs!

Great family vehicle
By Stephen Butenhoff on 08/21/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We love our Freestyle! we were looking for something to hold our family (5)+ friends, go camping, carry sports gear and get through Minnesota winters. We got all this plus our 70+ year old parents can easily get in and out without a step ladder. It's quiet, comfortable and roomy and gets great mileage. I have never been stopped by so many people who want to know about my vehicle. Keep up the good work!

New owner pleased
By C. J. Gianakaris on 08/02/05 21:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

As a brand new owner of a '06 Ford Freestyle (Limited AWD), I can verify that the vehicle possesses numerous highly desirable attributes, i.e., seating that can accommodate grandkids, abundant comfort in its seat, sufficient get-up-and-go, splendid handling, and welcome elevated driver-seat height. Except for carping about need for more horsepower, everything most auto magazine critics write has proven accurate. Those claiming the Freestyle is not acceptable without more horses must be speed freaks. There is enough available power for most "regular" drivers.

Techie Ride
By e.r. churilla on 07/30/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Can't wait for the snow to fly. We bought this vehicle over a minivan and did not sacrifice much in the way of roominess - AWD, traction control. the CVT and its Volvo lineage were the big selling points. The constantly variable transmission took a little getting used to, but the vehicle has decent acceleration traits and the engine settles down to 1800 or so RPM at 70 mph on the highway. The middle row folds away quite easily to allow fairly decent access to the third row, and two adults can sit comfortably in the 3rd row. The seating system is well engineered and is a very sturdy platform when in cargo mode. The stereo features a 6 disk MP3 player.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.