2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Downsized from Full-size 4WD SUV
By vwcarcrazy on 10/24/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I currently have 3 Fords (Mustang, Taurus and new FS) and a Sebring. Traded my Tahoe to get better seating for 6-7, lower step-in height for my in-laws and better MPG. The CVT trans take a lot of getting used to. The seats are comfortable, but the interior fabric is poor (snags and stains easily). Interior design is modern and nicely done. Front middle vents do not shut off. Daytime running lights not offered. Nice all-around car for hauling the kids/grandkids, but need more power and a 6 speed auto transmission (like the Ford 500) - without giving up any gas mileage.

Volvo Replacement
By Steve on 10/21/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We started looking for a 7 seater replacement for our aging V70 - kids getting bigger. Have not owned a domestic vehicle for 10 years and it took some doing to look at Ford. Reviewed all the usual competitors including XC90. It is very functional and versatile, a real 7 seater with ample interior room. Comfortable, firm ride, quiet with no squeaks and rattles. Handles the road imperfections really well. Ford has done an excellent job on this car from design to execution. If you are looking for this type of vehicle and overlook the Freestyle you are making a mistake.

Complete Satisfaction
By Dave Martin on 10/21/05 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have had this vehicle for five weeks, have 1050 miles on it. We are averaging 20.7 miles per gallon. My wife fell in love, first with the color (Merlot), second with the lite beige interior, third the ease of getting in and out. It is very quiet, and we have had many compliments on the 2006 Freestyle. P.S.I love it too.

Freestyle: Drive yourself FREE!
By Donna on 10/17/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is among one of the best SUVs I have ever driven, It is so smooth on the roads and handles with perfection. It is great on the beaches; it cuts through the sand like butter. I go to the beaches in NC and I had so many compliments on the vehicle. I highly recommend this SUV above them all and I have had a few in my past.

Superb, under appreciated vehicle
By RichardK on 10/10/05 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a fully loaded FWD Limited and have driven 1500 miles with it. The ride is great and responsive; I get 29.5 miles/gal while doing 55/60 mph. There is loads of room for 7 passengers and having the DVD is great. For a fully loaded car that performs like this at $27.5K, this is a superb! I could not want more in a vehicle. I hope it lasts forever. I love it!

Better then a wagon
By soccer mom on 10/10/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

A very smooth ride. The pick up and go with the CVT like no other. I'm glad I took this car out for a test drive, I was looking at SUVs; much more room inside. My son loves to sit all the way in the back and watch movies.

Ford Sleeper
By John Gonsalves on 10/05/05 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am 58 year old "car junkie" -- have owned over 100 cars of all makes, foreign & domestic. Until now my favorite cars were a 1965 Olds 442 & a 1994 Ford Taurus SHO MTX. My wife & I presently own a Ford Hybrid, Nissan Titan, Volvo C70 & the Freestyle. This Freestyle blew me away -- it has all the power needed, handles like a sports car, incredible in snow, good gas mileage average 23-28, versatile interior (can carry a 10' ladder inside), & a unique, attractive look. The car continues to draw attention from young & old alike.

Love our Freestyle!
By daire on 10/01/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the handling and especially like the performance of the CVT. We bought a 2006 Limited FWD with the safety package in Titanium Green with pebble interior. The suspension seems a bit stiff here at the beginning, but all in all a nice ride. GREAT mileage! We got 27.7 average MPG on our first tank. That exceed our expectations for a break in period. Love the memory seats and mirrors too. Makes it feel like a luxury car at a not so luxury price. A great value, in my opinion. Seems to have plenty of power too, although we have yet to drive it loaded up. The only minor complaint is that the LED is difficult to see in bright sun, and I wish the windshield was larger. Love the moonroof.

So Far So Good
By FirstFord on 09/27/05 02:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Like all domestics, one should be able to get a great deal. Pleasantly paid just a few hundred over invoice. Dealer experience was very positive. Honestly, settled on the car out of necessity and lack of offerings from other car companies. Only vehicle with 3 rows of seating, car like gas mileage, decent trunk space, price $30K or less. There should be more choices in the future due to high gas prices; meantime, this is probably one of few choices.

Freestyle?
By wmuguy on 09/21/05 00:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car after driving 14 different models from cars to minivans. This was one of only 2 cars that that my head didn't hit the ceiling in. I'm 6' 4". Impressed with the build quality and utility of the vehicle. Performance lacks a little but more than a trade off for the mpg's (currently 24 mpg's overall). Got an incredible deal from the Ford dealer. Over $5,000.00 off of sticker. Definitely the right choice since I drive over 45,000 miles a year for work.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.