Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Freestyling
By ec

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great car, not a luxury car but much more suited for people with children and grandchildren. Comfortable,great gas mileage, handles like a dream fun to drive. Much better looking than a van, better gas mileage than the Jeep Grand Laredo I traded in for it. I was hesitant about trading my Jeep in on the Freestyle, even felt guilty about it. But the extra room and the great gas mileage have made me glad I made the switch even though the Jeep never gave me a problem in all its 150,000 miles. Here,s to getting 150,000 miles or more out of my Freestyle

Favorite Features

Leather seats, dual air controls, lots of room and cup holders

Suggested Improvements

Stop some of the road noise. Make sportier looking

Beware of transmission!
By Patricia Doyle

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased our Freestyle in 8/06 and were initially very pleased with it. It handled well and looked sharp. The kids loved it too. We had problems, though, with the dashboard lights (fuel cap, check engine, etc.) going on and off. Finally the worst happened July 7th. While riding on the NJ Turnpike, our transmission died. We were shocked (but thankfully safe). The car had only 12,800 miles. The transmission needed to be replaced and we were using a rental for two weeks. Ford didn't even reimburse us for all of our expenses. The car is back and is running fine. I'm very disappointed with Ford, though. I thought they would take better care of us throughout this ordeal.

Favorite Features

Exterior look. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

DVD placement is huge problem. Should be in headrest.

Gas Mileage
By Mom

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am always taking my kids to their next activity. We have plenty of room for travel, friends, equipment. Gas mileage stays around 20mpg in the city which I consider to be good. Going on a long to Florida this summer we never got better gas mileage than 21.2. If you buy this car you will love it for its room and comfort, but don't expect 27 mpg on the highway. I would buy it again.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, roominess, adjustable leather seats, gold color, city mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better highway mileage

A very competent vehical
By Gator Fan

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our family has enjoyed our Freestyle on trips, and it is not bad around town. It is easy to park. Mileage has been 18 to 20 in town, and 25 to 26 highway.

Favorite Features

The DVD has been great for our son, and anyone in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Putting the video screens in the head rest would be better, the screen in the middle negates the rearveiw mirror, and I have hit my head a few times on it as well.

Great Family Car
By Jym McNamara

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm just in love with the car. For the price I couldn't get anything better. It has plenty of space and is fairly comfortable. The engine runs smootly and it handles awesome.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration for the fuel consuption, smooth transmission, handling as a good sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Finishing material quality.