2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
I love my Freestyle.
By Moore on 01/15/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I feel safe in the vehicle. The ride is firm but very comfortable. I moved from an Explorer and an Expedition but I don't feel cramped in this vehicle. I travel from San Francisco area to Phoenix every two months so I am in my car for long periods of time. I am getting approximately 90% of the advertised mileage. I don't travel at the speed which would allow me to get what is published on the sticker. Manufacturers tend to advertise mileage attained at speeds much lower than what is actually experienced therefore a buyer of any vehicle should realize they will get slightly less. Overall my wife and I are very pleased with our purchase and believe we received what we expected.

LUV IT, LUV IT, LUV IT
By Freestyle Queen on 01/03/06 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am a die hard van lover but my beautiful Freestyle has changed my mind! I am thrilled w/ my '05 Freestyle. It is so comfortable, even on long trips. It handles great, I feel very safe in my car whether driving on high speed interstates or just around town. The styling is very sporty and I didn't have to spend a fortune for style, fun and safety. Even my husband & kids love it ~ I no longer drive, as they would say, a clown mobile =:). My daughter (23 yrs old) can't wait to get her hands on the wheel; my husband finds it a pleasant relief from his work truck and my son (26 yrs old) enjoys "borrowing" my Freestyle.

Comfort and Versatile
By rcoogan1 on 12/13/05 16:55 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've given my new Freestyle a rough beginning with freeway and city travel and using the seats to carry 7 passengers and also moving luggage and boxes while carrying 5 large passengers. This vehicle excels my wildest expectations. The power is surprisingly good, considering some of the reviews that it is underpowered. Not so, in my experience to date! The versatility is remarkable with my frequent use of the seats configurations to accommodate my every need. And the sound from the stereo is outstanding, coupled with the navigational system, I am happy to say that this cross-over vehicle is the best buy for the money, hands-down! I have a bad back and the seat comfort is the best too!

Freestylin'
By Ronald Scinto on 12/09/05 08:22 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The car is great in the snow ... a champ! More comfortable than my previous car a Lexus LS470. More practical and better fuel economy. What was I thinking to buy that gas guzzler? Shame on me. Thanks to Ford for building such a great vehicle. BTW this is my first Ford. I also have an Infiniti M45 and an Audi A4 Convertible; well the Freestyle is my favorite. I believe this is Ford's best kept secret. I found the car when I considered an Explorer and saw this lonely fellow sitting by himself in the showroom. One look and I was hooked; two test drives and I fell in love. Seriously consider this vehicle.

My Freestyle
By Janice on 11/27/05 09:40 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm enjoying this car! It feels comfortable and drives well. Highway driving is very smooth. The inside design is smart. I like the safety features. The third row seats are very roomy, better than any other vehicle that we tested. The stadium seating is appreciated by my kids who can see out of the windows well. Although I am supposed to be getting 19/24 miles per gallon, I am getting approximately 15 for mostly city driving. My husband appreciates the CVT. Overall, this car is very practical if you are looking for a car that seats 6 or 7 and you don't wish to drive a huge SUV.

I REALLY want to love it, but...
By mikejbam on 11/23/05 15:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This was both my first new car and my first Ford. The dealership was awesome and made the buying of the vehicle both fun and easy. As for the Freestyle, I wouldn't change a thing about it. The power is adequate for me and the ride is better than anything else I've driven. Interior is very comfortable and the stereo and DVD system are lots of fun and sound great. My only problem with the vehicle so far is that we haven't had much time to drive since the rear end failed at just over 200 miles and it's been back at the dealership being repaired. Oh well ... that's what the warranty is for I guess. Probably should have listened to my parents and gone for the Subaru. :)

A/C overcharge
By A/C Antics on 11/02/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After purchasing our Freestyle and driving it for a couple of months we noticed an A/C problem. After sitting a few days, when starting it would make a noise under the hood that I wasn't familiar with. To check it out I watched the engine while my wife started the car. The noise and a green spray emanated from the A/C compressor. The spray evaporated quickly leaving nothing to show dealership mechanics. Taking the car to the dealership I explained what was happening. It turned out to be a pressure relief valve releasing an over filled A/C charge. After a pressure check and correcting the over fill everything works fine.

New purchase
By RGankiewicz on 11/01/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

New Freestyle is a welcome change from driving a Ford Explorer. Vehicle handles well. Engine is a bit noisy on acceleration then levels out when highway driving. Lots of room, plenty of cargo space, better gas mileage than an Explorer.

Great mini SUV
By George on 10/30/05 08:49 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The seating arrangements are fabulous, the size is great, the ability to fold all the seats down , make it an excellent carrying vehicle. Just an overall great car, like it better than the Windstar. All the "bells and whistles" make it NO.1 in my estimation.

Decent!
By diveduo on 10/27/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Overall a good, useful and fun to drive vehicle. Wish it had more HP for better acceleration, but like the fuel economy vs. the capacity and existing power. Nice interior layout. The one thing I don't like is the excessive glare and reflection of the instrument panel in the windshield in daylight hours.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.