2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Great family vehicle
By newfrstylawd06 on 04/03/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Just got the Limited AWD with NAV, adjust pedal, safety option, reverse sensing, DVD, 2nd row buckets. Chose this over minivans and SUV's after months of research. LOVE IT! A lot of bang for the buck over Honda or Toyota vans if you can give up sliding doors and both rows folding flat. For a family of 4 this is more than enough room and a great look. Also, no one knows what it is. All of my MOM friends are amazed by its comfort and room. It's like a super wagon more than a van. It handles like a car more than a truck which I like. The driver's seat is so supportive & accommodating to a short driver ( better than previous cars). My 6'1" husband also has plenty of room. Great alternative to minivan.

Why I like my Freestyle
By BILL WAECHTER on 03/23/06 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

First and most importantly, I have had no complaints from my wife about this vehicle. It is great to have a seven passenger vehicle with plenty of cargo room and seating versatility that will get close to 30 mpg on the highway with out being some Japanese car.

Ford Freestyle Review
By Ronald Franz on 03/03/06 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle has exceptional handling and acceleration. The continuous variable transmission (CVT) gives excellent acceleration especially on hills in ski country. The handing with AWD has also been excellent in driving in snow covered roads. The look of the vehicle is comparable to much more expensive competitors. The storage space and flexibility of the interior is outstanding.

2006 Freestyle ... skip the minivan
By RealHawker on 03/02/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Limited Black leather interior is great looking. Layout and NAV system are nice features. I wouldn't get this car in anything but the Limited style. Get the captains chairs in the 2nd row if you have 2 or more car seats. You can scoot between the rows, if you take out the console, or you can climb over it easier than taking out the car seats to get in the back.

Too small
By Claudius on 02/28/06 07:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Like all SUVs and derivatives, built for small people. Center console (much too wide) seriously interferes with driver's legroom and knee. Maybe not a problem if you are 5"2', but it makes the car plain uncomfortable on longer drives for tall people. Seat comfort is mediocre, acceleration is poor (especially with 4 people in the car and/or any weight in the back). Needs more powerful engine and less clutter (get rid of the center console for a start).

Great Ride
By ptrgreat on 02/21/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Hey, I'm a Southern California Driver and traffic bites, but this ride gets me through it. Rolling down the windows works great when you roll them all down, saves on gas also. Getting like 25 MPG mixed street/freeway, manual calculations, the computer is way wacky with that. I have no problem with hills fully loaded. I found that you have to shift into "L" and she runs with it. The blue looks good at night too.

First Ford
By Ray Gasiorowski on 02/06/06 09:12 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

What a nice vehicle to choose for your first Ford. The Freestyle is a good handling vehicle, sturdy, quiet and has good performance. We found that the visibility while driving is excellent and the amount of head room is good especially when sitting in the rear area. The front driver & passenger area is a comfortable layout and controls are within reach. All seating in this vehicle are well designed and give max comfort while driving.

Nice seating room
By Sharon O'Connell on 02/05/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I bought this vehicle because of the ease of handling and the amount of seating capacity. We love that it's so easy to enter and exit the vehicle. We don't have to stoop to get in or out. The visibility is another plus, but there's only one thing I would change, and that's the reflection of the dash on the windshield. My husband takes a crew with him to broadcast football games for his local radio station, and there's plenty of room for all 6 (big) men in the Ford Freestyle. Even with a big load like that, it handles easily and doesn't feel "bogged down" on the freeway. Our criteria in any purchase is, "Would we buy this again?", and that's an unqualified, yes, definitely.

Excellent
By Gilliann on 01/31/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first car, and I love it, it handles beautifully, very smooth.

Perfect
By Yesenia on 01/16/06 20:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I enjoy this vehicle, however, I dare not to drive it with the rear windows down alone. You might find your ears hurt A LOT!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.