Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Check it over first
By rubdr

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Had rear main seal replaced in the first year. Mileage avg 23hwy/16city in 11k miles. Nice drive.

Heated seats, better mileage, more "up- to-date" electronics.

2006 Freestyle SE
By ojdash

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice car. I bought an SE for about 3k under TW on here so I am very happy about that. I like the fact that I get duel climate control and power adjustable driver seat on the base model. I couldn't ask for more with a cold-natured fiance. I am usually rougher on cars than most so leather would be a bad option for me. The ride is a bit noisy on the highway but not bad. It is very comfortable and the driving position is perfect. It has about 30k on it. No problems so far. Overall I love it!

Seated height, dual climate control, price

Quieter ride, better fuel economy (I get between 25-27 on the highway which is respectable)

Great Car!
By Jim

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Back in 2005 when these first came out we test drove one, and loved it. But at that point there was no reason to get rid of my 1997 Chevy S10 Blazer. Then we started having trouble with the Blazer and it was time to replace it. We test drove multiple other cars, to see if we found something we liked better - but could not. For the price and the sized vehical it was a awsome deal. I would recommend this vehicle to just about anyone with a family. We just got back from a trip from Michigan to Buffalo, NY - and it was awsome both ways! Had 6 people in the car and had plenty of power for everything.

CVT, there is nothing like it - now when I get into my 1997 Mercury Mystique it feels like a stick shift. Comfort of the seats, is awsome! I have back trouble (hurniated disks) and it's extreamly comfortable for me. I'm 6'5" tall and have plenty of room.

We didn't get the leather feature on ours, and I wish we did now - the seats stain very easy. Even if you take a wet cloth and wape the surface it leaves a water spot.

I love this car!
By freestyin' momma

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is great for moms. I've got 3 rugrats and the Freestyle has enough space for all of us and our stuff. I love this car. the design, handling, and performance are great. The in city mpg is a little disappointing. But this is generally a great car! Way to go Ford!

I absolutely love the conversaion mirror. I can see what everyone is doing. I call it the mommy mirror.

Can we please improve on the mpg. And the leg space for the third row is extremely narrow.

2006 Ford Freestyle
By Haig

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice car which I am replacing with a TaurusX. We have had no problems with this vehicle since leasing it in 2005. It is comfortable, well designed and gets very good gas mileage for such a large vehicle. It has plenty of pep once it gets going but a little slow when accelerating from a stop.

The way 3rd row seats fold; memory moveable pedals and mirror, back up warning, visibility and seating

Put in an 8-way power seat on passenger side. Telescoping steering wheel