2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Excellent Small SUV
By roy_in_ca on 12/19/13 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive. Holds six people very well. Had problem with throttle body that Ford repaired. Car has 90K miles and is still handling very well. No issues, as others have said, with brakes. I am happy with this car, and have owned it six years. Only problem is with ventilation system in that passengers in the rear seating area do not get cool in the summer heat (I live where it very often gets over 100 F.)

BAD EVERYTHING
By niecyx5 on 04/23/12 08:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst vehicle FORD has ever made and BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT buy the Freestyle. First, the brakes have to be replaced every 6 months, the throttle has been replaced 2X and I'm still having problems, not to mention the transmission. I will buy a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or anything besides an American made car ever again.

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!!!
By cmel1985 on 01/12/12 17:39 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my freestyle about 2 1/2 years ago the first 8 months went well then we started seeing some problems first it was some kind of ignition sensor we replaced that 3 times then the fuel rail pressure sensor went out that was a $100 dealer only part then 1week later the fuel pump went out we replaced that $400 now one month later we are haveing the same problem with the fuel rail sensor and the car is jerking like the tranny may be having some problems which after seeing this site is commen in this vehicle I tried to trade it in today still owe to much on it basicaly (FORD means Found On Road Dead) never will I ever own a Ford again I was stupid to do it this time..

2006 Ford Freestyle SE in NC
By Jermnc77 on 01/06/10 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the Freestyle new in 2006. I love the Freestyle! I love the styling cues of an SUV mixed with a stationwagon. I would have loved to seen a "wood" panel addition. This car is an excellent traveler! We drove it from NC to OK and enjoyed every mile. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of keeping this car and paying it off! That has NEVER happened to me! My average mpg is 23 miles per gallon. I have never achieved the advertised "500 miles per tank". Still it gets better gas mileage than any other SUV's or vans this size! I got the CVT trans model. I wish I had gotten a regular trans instead. The CVT has a towing capacity of 2k, while the reg trans had a 3k

Love It!
By carnaby on 09/27/09 23:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Had our 2006 Freestyle 2wd for a year now. Bought used in 2008. Very reliable after driving it from 24k miles to 46k miles. Takes the family everywhere in comfort without being so bulky as a minivan. Second row seats 6'+ adults very comfortably. Third row offers plenty of leg room, and seats 5'8" adults comfortably. Decent in snow, in spite of being 2wd. Nimble enough off road. Rugged compared to crossover SUVs. Excellent vehicle, would recommend.

Quite satisfied!
By Deb on 08/18/09 00:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We replaced our 1994 Aerostar with the 2006 Freestyle SE in 2007 and have not been disappointed at all. It offers a very smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride. We average 20 mpg in town and about 22-24 on the highway. The steering is tight, but can turn on a dime. The only problem we have had is with the second row seating getting stuck and not always wanting to fold flat. Overall we are very pleased with the performance and absolutely love the CVT transmission! The vehicle had 32,000 miles when we bought it and now has 41,000. To those reviewers who say the vehicle has no power I am at a loss as to why because it moves when you want or need it to and it doesn't hesitate.

Not bad
By Charlie on 06/04/09 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It is going on 3yrs and about 30,000 miles and no major problems. New brakes as others have mentioned were replaced (covered by Ford). The tires need to be replaced soon. Gas mileage okay (about 18-20 city). Ride is good with plenty of room. Wondering if extended warranty is good idea as with any vehicle.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By orrsonly on 01/14/09 14:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I commute on a regular basis with 4 teenagers in the car. There is plenty of room and everyone is comfortable. I also live in Rochester, NY. Snow has been no problem with this "truck", I recently slid on black ice and no damage was done to my vehicle. Mileage is not that bad either for the size, I maintain 22-24 MPG. I would reccomend this car to anyone with kids. I regularly have 6-7 people in the car and there are few fights between the kids and that's saying a lot with my crew!

Excellent Family Car
By jules on 12/26/08 14:10 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great car for a small family. Full size cooler fits in rear cargo area with 3rd row seat up. 3rd row seat is comfortable for kids only. Great leg room in front and middle sections. Great acceleration - don't know why the critics downplay its engine. Door panels are kind of flimsy from the outside. Overall we love our Freestyle!

CVT Transmission Failure
By Michael From Pennsylvania on 12/06/08 19:35 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased new as best mileage for size and style (no one makes a wagon anymore. Never lived up to specs, hiway mileage rarely beat minimums. Comfortable and good looking, drove nicely but under powered, just to darn heavy. Lost the CVT Transmission at 52000 miles with no warning. Now I'm stuck. Sorry I bought it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.