2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Very disappointed
By carleysdad on 08/02/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Up until five years ago I had not purchased an American car in more than 15 years. For me, the quality of Honda's automobiles cannot be matched. Having said that, 5 years ago I decided to give Ford a shot due to all of the press stating that "Ford was back" and the quality of their vehicles had improved. Not! I have had nothing but problems with my Freestyle since buying it new in 2006. Crappy brakes, CVT transmission problems, throttle body problems, etc. My first bad experience happended while on vacation more than 1,000 miles from home when it broke down while we were on the expressway. And in my experiences, the Ford dealers service centers are the worst in the industry.

No problems
By bill on 09/02/10 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Have had the vehicle almost 5 years. During that time it has been trouble free, other than brake and battery replacement. Based on my driving experience I would buy another Ford product.

Worse Car I have Ever Driven
By sharris2 on 06/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ford Freestyle was bought for safety as I do a lot of Highway driving. Since last October car was in for problems 6 times, electrical system failed, rear brakes completely shot, last week fuel pressure hose went, car was a death trap, gas spewing out of the bottom. Roadside assistance which we paid extra for wouldn't take it with fuel leak. Dealership was terrible with what they wanted to give us back on this car. I would never again in my life buy a Ford car of any description

Transmission failure
By Rob on 09/27/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My wife bought this car new to carry kids/dog/groceries and liked the third seat and the gas mileage. Didn't get the AWD to get better gas mileage, although we should have. At 31,000 miles, the transmission failed in heavy traffic, freeway driving in a driving rain. Suddenly in neutral and no forward power after a catastrophic weld failure in the CVT trasnmission. Thankfully under warranty but repairs would have been $3500. Now forced to trade the car or buy the extended warranty for $2000. Would not buy another one.

A very competent vehical
By Gator Fan on 07/02/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our family has enjoyed our Freestyle on trips, and it is not bad around town. It is easy to park. Mileage has been 18 to 20 in town, and 25 to 26 highway.

Ford finally got it right!
By cincyrod on 07/20/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm one of those people who will not (typically) consider purchasing an American car. I normally buy Honda's. However, with the price of a base model Honda Pilot selling for over $28,000, I did my homework and found a LOADED Freestyle for about the same money. What a nice car! It has everything we were looking for (3rd row seating, dvd player, leather, etc.) without having to purchase a large SUV or a minivan. We love this vehicle! My only complaint is the fact that the roof rails are not made to hold anything; they are there simply there for aesthetic value. Basically, the roof rails are unable to accommodate a roof luggage/cargo carrier.

Best of the Crossovers
By FRtyme on 06/25/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Researched many vehicles, Crossover/SUV's, but for the price could not beat the Freestyle. Interior does not look plastic. It is finished off nicely. Very comfortable and roomy. Power is more than adequate and handling is superb. Fun to drive. Only drawback I have found, there is a reflection of the dash in the windshield during the daylight hours. I can live with it. Great car, Ford should push it more then they do. They have a winner here.

Enjoying my new ride
By charlieclaudia on 06/18/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I had been researching and test driving various SUVs for over one year. I was looking for something with the comfort and versatility of a minivan, good gas mileage and not too big. Also didn't want to spend too much. The Freestyle is a great option. The ride is firm. I can easily get in and out of the car. The seats are the right proportion fit for me - much better than the ones in our F350. The glare on the windshield is very annoying. Polarized sun glasses are needed!

5000 new miles
By medic on 05/16/06 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in Florida and drove it back to CT for usage. Average mileage has been about 24 mpg which includes some A/C usage and 70-75 speeds.

Nice Car or SUV or Station Wagon
By tazman on 04/19/06 15:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We just got our Freestyle and no matter what you want to call it, it is a great car. Lots of room, smooth ride, great gas mileage and a good price for a very well equipped car. I never even heard of a Freestyle prior to hitting the Ford dealer. We were looking at the Pacifica and decided on this instead (better gas and less of a blind spot).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.