Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Excellent Small SUV
By roy_in_ca

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive. Holds six people very well. Had problem with throttle body that Ford repaired. Car has 90K miles and is still handling very well. No issues, as others have said, with brakes. I am happy with this car, and have owned it six years. Only problem is with ventilation system in that passengers in the rear seating area do not get cool in the summer heat (I live where it very often gets over 100 F.)

BAD EVERYTHING
By niecyx5

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst vehicle FORD has ever made and BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT buy the Freestyle. First, the brakes have to be replaced every 6 months, the throttle has been replaced 2X and I'm still having problems, not to mention the transmission. I will buy a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or anything besides an American made car ever again.

Suggested Improvements

RECALL all vehicles.

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!!!
By cmel1985

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my freestyle about 2 1/2 years ago the first 8 months went well then we started seeing some problems first it was some kind of ignition sensor we replaced that 3 times then the fuel rail pressure sensor went out that was a $100 dealer only part then 1week later the fuel pump went out we replaced that $400 now one month later we are haveing the same problem with the fuel rail sensor and the car is jerking like the tranny may be having some problems which after seeing this site is commen in this vehicle I tried to trade it in today still owe to much on it basicaly (FORD means Found On Road Dead) never will I ever own a Ford again I was stupid to do it this time..

Favorite Features

nothing even the CD player went out

Suggested Improvements

recall then fix on the tranny's and the Fuel sensors.

2006 Ford Freestyle SE in NC
By Jermnc77

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the Freestyle new in 2006. I love the Freestyle! I love the styling cues of an SUV mixed with a stationwagon. I would have loved to seen a "wood" panel addition. This car is an excellent traveler! We drove it from NC to OK and enjoyed every mile. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of keeping this car and paying it off! That has NEVER happened to me! My average mpg is 23 miles per gallon. I have never achieved the advertised "500 miles per tank". Still it gets better gas mileage than any other SUV's or vans this size! I got the CVT trans model. I wish I had gotten a regular trans instead. The CVT has a towing capacity of 2k, while the reg trans had a 3k

Favorite Features

Ride height, seat heighth, handling, easy to drive, versatility!, 3 row seating. I just feel safe driving this thing! Rear AC.

Suggested Improvements

Wiper switch seems in reverse to other cars, digital temp controls seem to have mind of own, seats that recline further, rear heat only comes out of one side on models with rear temp controls. Make foglights standard on all models. The black face cluster is hard to see sometimes. Make white stdrd.

Love It!
By carnaby

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Had our 2006 Freestyle 2wd for a year now. Bought used in 2008. Very reliable after driving it from 24k miles to 46k miles. Takes the family everywhere in comfort without being so bulky as a minivan. Second row seats 6'+ adults very comfortably. Third row offers plenty of leg room, and seats 5'8" adults comfortably. Decent in snow, in spite of being 2wd. Nimble enough off road. Rugged compared to crossover SUVs. Excellent vehicle, would recommend.

Favorite Features

Simple design that works very well. Very comfortable seating arrangement. Folding third row seats give excellent cargo room. Decent cargo room when third row in use.

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to see cars/pedestrians at intersections because of front window pillar locations.