Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SE Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

MM
By madid

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

do not buy this car ,it has a lot of problem : transmission dies fast , i drove only 20,000 miles and the transmission broke i took it to the dealer and he wanted to charge me 7,000 dollars plus $4,000 for labor.this it happened to my friend too .this car has a lot of sensors problem.it's comfortable inside and it has very nice look every body like it but when you buy it you will face the truth.if you want to waist your money and all your saving money buy it.
it's baaaaaaad car.

Excellent Small SUV
By roy_in_ca

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive. Holds six people very well. Had problem with throttle body that Ford repaired. Car has 90K miles and is still handling very well. No issues, as others have said, with brakes. I am happy with this car, and have owned it six years. Only problem is with ventilation system in that passengers in the rear seating area do not get cool in the summer heat (I live where it very often gets over 100 F.)

BAD EVERYTHING
By niecyx5

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst vehicle FORD has ever made and BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT buy the Freestyle. First, the brakes have to be replaced every 6 months, the throttle has been replaced 2X and I'm still having problems, not to mention the transmission.
I will buy a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or anything besides an American made car ever again.

RECALL all vehicles.

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!!!
By cmel1985

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my freestyle about 2 1/2 years ago the first 8 months went well then we started seeing some problems first it was some kind of ignition sensor we replaced that 3 times then the fuel rail pressure sensor went out that was a $100 dealer only part then 1week later the fuel pump went out we replaced that $400 now one month later we are haveing the same problem with the fuel rail sensor and the car is jerking like the tranny may be having some problems which after seeing this site is commen in this vehicle I tried to trade it in today still owe to much on it basicaly (FORD means Found On Road Dead) never will I ever own a Ford again I was stupid to do it this time..

nothing even the CD player went out

recall then fix on the tranny's and the Fuel sensors.

2006 Ford Freestyle SE in NC
By Jermnc77

2006 Ford Freestyle SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the Freestyle new in 2006. I love the Freestyle! I love the styling cues of an SUV mixed with a stationwagon. I would have loved to seen a "wood" panel addition. This car is an excellent traveler! We drove it from NC to OK and enjoyed every mile. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of keeping this car and paying it off! That has NEVER happened to me! My average mpg is 23 miles per gallon. I have never achieved the advertised "500 miles per tank". Still it gets better gas mileage than any other SUV's or vans this size! I got the CVT trans model. I wish I had gotten a regular trans instead. The CVT has a towing capacity of 2k, while the reg trans had a 3k

Ride height, seat heighth, handling, easy to drive, versatility!, 3 row seating. I just feel safe driving this thing! Rear AC.

Wiper switch seems in reverse to other cars, digital temp controls seem to have mind of own, seats that recline further, rear heat only comes out of one side on models with rear temp controls. Make foglights standard on all models. The black face cluster is hard to see sometimes. Make white stdrd.