Seems to be a great car!!
By trixiegirl on
2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
I have had this 2005 Freestyle for 1 yr it now has 108,000 mile have not had any problems. I get oil changed every 3,000 miles and due transmission when it needs to be done. I really hope I don't have the issues others have had with this type of car.
Favorite Features
I love its a car and a type of truck at same time. Saves me mony on renting a truck now, not all things fit but alot does.
Suggested Improvements
More leg room on drivers side. and better Stereo..
By trishaiam1
on 07/21/12 08:44 AM (PDT)

I meant FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!

By trishaiam1
on 07/21/12 08:43 AM (PDT)

Don't let the nice look fool you. I bought this junk from an auction and only had it 6 months. Very nice look and very good ride but all of a sudden my wrench light came on. When your wrench light comes on this vehicle makes a loud noise and can hardly move. I went to my mechanic and he said it's the transmission. So i took it to a transmission guy and he shook his head. He told me he just fixed one that someone had bought 6 months before me and the cheapest transmission was 3k used. A new transmission is 6k. Why did ford make a transmission that cost more than the vehicle itself? I am absolutely pissed off knowing that I depended on ford and I was sold junk. The mechanic told me to search the internet and said there were a lot of bad reviews on the freestyle. Since then I've emailed ford to recall this transmission, I told them if I had money like that I would've bought a Benz or Lexus. I received a response from Dan and all he had to say was thanks for your purchase and hope you enjoy your junk! I will be writing BBB.............I am very dissatisfied with FORD(found on round dead).