Love My Underrated Freestyle
By CSForest on
2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
Loved my '95 Explorer & was looking for another SUV or Crossover. Just couldn't see myself in a mini-van. Was concerned at 1st about CVT & 1st yr model (I'd had a 1st yr model Chevy lemon years ago). MPG is really good (21 city / 28 highway). Absolutely love this car! Wish Ford had advertised & sold more! The 3rd row seating w/rear storage behind is wonderful. Works like a trunk when hauling small loads of groceries home; or can fold seats flat for the larger monthly Costco runs! I plan to hold onto this one for a long time to come.
Favorite Features
Rear seats & cargo space. Step-in height (great for older relatives). Tiered seating & comfort! Dual & rear heating/ac controls; & DVD. Brandy wine color is the bomb! Looks sharp! Still get compliments 3 years later! Cupholders galore & all in the right spots (could use 1 more in 3rd row though).
Suggested Improvements
Smaller interior items (knobs, window buttons, etc) could be better quality. Sluggish acceleration/CVT takes getting used to. I miss the "umph" of my Explorer when trying to make quick passes on the freeway. Get the Limited with leather. Cloth versions look & feel cheap.