First 4000 miles
By klaus Meyer on
2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
I took delivery of the car on October 15th abd drove it from Seattle to Palm Springs and back. The ride is very smooth and the seats are very comfortable. This is truly a luxury car like ride . The average mileage I got was 20.5 miles p/gallon on regular gas. We were 2 persons with 4 suitcases plus misc. items such as an icebox ,golf clubs etc. The accelleration in the mountains was very good and I left it on cruise at 70 miles when possible. I like the variable transmission a lot and you do not notice any hesitation at all, and it operates in such a smooth way. Before I bought the car I drove the Lexus RX 330, Volvo CX 70, Cadillac SRX and the Ford gave me the best value for the money.
Favorite Features
smooth transmission,great luxury car ride,very good visability,comfortable leather seats , great sound system, good gas mileage, good firm brakes, very quiet on inside even at 75 miles an hour. good amount of space left for groceries even when the 3rd seat is in upright position. Good headroom
Suggested Improvements
Ford could have used a bit more of the wood grain in the LTD instead of only on the dash board. No rollup cover for luggage when 3rd seat is down. I had to use blanket to cover luggage . Improve towing capacity from 2000 to 4000 pound and offer tow package .