2005 Ford Freestyle 3.0L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - A manly station wagon

2005 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Review

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

SE Wagon (3.0L V6 CVT Automatic)

A manly station wagon
By Mark on

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am a 48 year old male driver who thinks an SUV is overkill. I want a versitile vehicle that can pull a utility trailer for trips to the home improvement store, hold a roof carrier for beach trips, and comfortably take the family of four on a trip and still have room for Grandma. I bought this vehicle out of frustration of not being able to find a mini-van without a DVD-entertainment system but still had stuff like ABS. It has grown on me. Even though it is the base model, this "car" has all the features I wanted, and after driving it for a couple of years, I can say I still like driving it. If I had to replace it right now, I'd probably buy another.

Favorite Features

Versatle seating/cargo, comfortable to drive, quiet, can tow utility trailer, roof rack, cargo volume, ABS,

Suggested Improvements

Seat fabric! It is true--even water stains these cloth seats. Tint on top of windshield--base model doesn't have it and it can be annoying. 50 mpg would be good. I average 22.