2005 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
A decent vehicle
By alexweb8 on 08/21/07 20:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My family liked our 05 Ford Freestyle for its cargo space and features. There were several safety features we liked too. We were very dissapointed in the performance and gas mileage. We took it in to service yet it still is only getting about 14 mpg! The accessibility could be a bit better like how the third row always gets stuck. It also could use more interior quality. I enjoy driving but I understand why the car doesn't sell very well. I hope Ford improves this car for 2008.

Good family car with great potential
By Great Scot on 07/23/07 06:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Winter AWD is compromised by the poor OEM tires from Continental, poor to very poor traction in snow, ice, slush, heavy rain. Few tires available in 215x65x17 size and few aftermarket wheels for winter tires. The car is excellent for family use and variety of configurations for many uses. Fuel economy is poor in general use (18-20 mpg) highway constant at 65 mph is a little better at 22-23 mpg. Better tires might help economy.

Better than you think
By Cysfans on 06/21/07 18:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have put 40,000 miles on in 2 years. The ride is superb, handling is excellent for a near 4,000 pound vehicle. 2nd row seats actually hold adults comfortably. Very good cargo capacity. The 3.0 liter engine is adequate or better for the job. Rated at 27 hiway/20 city MPG, on a 3900-mile trip from the midwest to New England and back, we averaged 28.2 MPG, including 2- lane mountain roads in Vermont and New Hampshire. It was loaded with 2 weeks of stuff. My wife drives this vehicle daily and at every chance she says she loves it!! The sunroof helps with ventilation.

Freestyle Problems
By goracegirl51 on 06/12/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Would own more Freestyles if it were for the interior. The exterior maintainance problems are terrible. Needed new tires at 11,500 miles, and now again at 23,000. Also needs new back brakes now. Also needs new windshield because it's scratched by current windshield wipers.

Very happy owner
By freealfas on 06/08/07 06:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

24 months in we are very happy with our purchase and find it to be the best value in the market to date. Safe, economical, performs great in any and all situations. Glad we bought FWD instead of AWD to minimize the potential for issues in the future with the extra mechanicals and it helps mileage.

John's Review
By John Blevins on 06/04/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for two years and have not had a minute's trouble with it. It avrages about 22.5 mpg and is a fun smooth ride. There is plenty of room to haul grandkids and their junk. I would buy another one.

Great car
By Trod1 on 05/28/07 17:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have had the car for 2 years and only problem has been the CD player. We are on number 2 now and waiting for 3. The car still looks great, inside has worn well, although it would be nice to have more leather and less vinyl on the seats.

Almost 2 years later
By freealfas on 05/11/07 08:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Has been a great vehicle. I find it to be the best balance of value, economy, space, advanced technology, safety, and style avaiable. It is perfect for hauling our child and all of her stuff and when the grandparents come to town it lets us all ride in comfort and safety. You cannot go wrong with the purchase of a FS and will enjoy every mile.

Always purchased GM, but so far we like
By Young Grandma on 04/25/07 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Attracted to the sporty look and high reviews on saftely. Husband liked the idea that Volvo chassis was used. Have had a couple recalls, but fixed. Girl rear-ended me causing $2800 worth of damage to rear bumpers and sensors. Car gets 22 mpg around town and have gotten as high as 31 mpg on trips. Easy handling, plenty of room for grandchildren and a large Lab who loves sticking his head out the sunroof. Rear climate control package keeps everyone comfy. I have a problem when traveling in the back seat, but with the theater seating can ride in back and not get sick as a dog from motion.

Happy Driver
By GUS on 04/04/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've had this vehicle going on two years. I'm very pleased and glad I purchased it. I have made three long trips and they were comfortable and fun trips. Good mileage considering the room and passenger capabilities. No regrets having it.