Used 2005 Ford Freestyle SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Over a year and 16,000 miles so far...
By MacDaddy

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I suppose I may be a typical purchaser for this vehicle ... family guy, kids, dog, and a desire for a fun car but have bowed to practicality. For what this truck/car/SUV/CUV is, it's fine. Drives well, feels safe, returns pretty respectable mileage considering its size (21 city/metro and 25-27 highway). I have not had it back to the dealer for anything. Everything works and runs great. Some of my low marks are for below-par plastic finish, and a lack-luster driving experience, though it is competent. Most drivers will not be as sensitive as I am to some of these nuances. It really is a good car and is very safe. Great family hauler.

Favorite Features

Like the rear seat flexibility. Mileage decent. Comfortable driving positions and love the wide door panel tops for arm rest! No dealer trips.

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER. Interior colors need more definition (sea of grey). Stereo needs help, but again, who cares, may be discontinued. Guess I'll buy an Edge?

Mr.
By Bill Burton

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I live driving at a higher seat level. I can carry my electric scooter in the rear area of the car. I like the idea of having four air bags. I like very much not feeling the gears shift; continuous drive. There is ample power when it comes time to pass another vehicle. The power drivers seat is a good option. I haven't used the two fold-a-way seats in the rear, but it is good to know they are there. On the whole, I am very pleased with my purchase of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Higher seats. The ease of setting and releasing the parking brake.

Suggested Improvements

Need to install daylight running lights.

Free in my Freestyle
By Jeane

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Freestyle since August of 2005. It is a wonderful vehicle. Comfort is number 1 and ease of handling is also superior. The name was perfect.

Favorite Features

Gear shift in the floor and driving ease.

Suggested Improvements

When passenger is in front seat, there is no place to put your purse other than putting it in the back floor board. Can tell a guy designed this part.

Love My Freestyle
By Morris MINTON

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Came out of an Escape, needed more room. Freestyle fit the bill to a tee. Rides and drives like no other. Canít wait to see what's on the board for it when I need a new one

Favorite Features

Dual heat/cool controls, Volvo ride, no blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

Make heat/air controls easier to operate from driver side, offer 6 disc changer in the cheaper model.

Good Job Ford
By mikeg7

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Have had no issues with the vehicle quality. With a full load of adults the vehicle seems to be underpowered. But with 2 adults, 1 kid and all of the child support devices (stroller, toys, etc.) there is no problem. Vehicle was damaged from a road side assistance. Incorrectly jacked the vehicle. Love the fold flat design on the 3rd row. Great design and very easy to use. We did not get the second row center console so that people could walk to the back without having to flip the 2nd row seats. There are already drink holders in the doors so you don't need that center console. I am 6'1" and 245 and have no issues sitting in the 3rd row Overall the perfect vehicle for us.

Favorite Features

3rd row fold flat. Theater seating. Very comfortable to ride in for hours. Great handling vehicle that is the best handling one we have ever had.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the engine HP while maintaining the mpg.