2005 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Great Vehicle
By Tom Mikulski on 06/10/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle has not received a lot of publicity and I don't know why. It has been, in the short time I've owned it, a solid vehicle with better than average fuel mileage, comfort and performance. We are getting ready to take it on a 1200 mile trip and I look forward to the ride.

This is a great vehicle!
By jrtexas on 05/26/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We were very fortunate to get a great deal on this Pueblo Gold SE FWD. After 2 weeks of ownership we are thrilled with the comfort, interior roominess, style and ease of driving. Gas mileage looks like it's in sync with the EPA estimates. Acceleration and power is great; no problem with the engine or CVT drive. What's not to like?

Thank You Ford!
By Randy Knupp on 05/09/05 07:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm thankful to Ford for building a car I've been searching for for years. I really don't like minivans, and SUVs are gas hogs. This car here gets great gas mileage, has lots of room, rides nice, handles like a dream and I could go on and on! I highly recommend this vehicle. I can't find anything wrong with it. I don't understand where the critics are coming from; it's like the perfect car for any need. Ford hit a grand slam on this one. I feel like I got a $35,000 car for under 25 grand. I am extremely happy. Once again, thank you Ford!

Freestyle "Freedom"
By Clifford McKinstry on 04/23/05 09:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The performance is outstanding. I had three previous Windstars, and the Freestyle exceeds them in comfort, economy, ease of handling, and price. The CVT is an outstanding transmission, it is quick off the line, and really performs. Very comfortable seating, and tracking is effortless while on long trips.

I love my Freestyle
By Happy Camper on 02/28/05 17:36 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've only had my Freestyle since the end of December, but I love it already. I've seen some complaints about a lack of power but there is plenty there for me and I love the way it corners - like it's on rails. Every time I get a tank of gas, someone compliments its looks. The good news is that I don't have to fill it up that often. It's gotten in the mid 20s since I got it. When it's time to get rid of my wife's Odyssey, I'd consider getting another one of these.

Freestyle the perfect blend
By Chris on 02/27/05 16:04 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I had to find a family car - Mustangs just don't take car seats. The roominess inside is great, even 3rd row. Excellent cargo capacity while lacking that soccer-mom image. Our first choice. The Pacifica didn't even compare - overpriced, no room inside, seats didn't look like they went down. Every time we test drove the car it just felt right, even after driving a Honda Odyssey with all the creature comforts. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a family car.

great ride
By rrupp on 01/10/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had this car for two months, and compared to the 2001 Toyota Sienna that I traded in, it is so much more fun to drive and is much quieter and smoother riding than the Sienna. The gas mileage so far is around 21 city driving and 27 highway. The driver power seat adjusts many ways to give you very good visibility. The theater style seating allows the rear passengers a much clearer view, instead of looking at the back of someone's head. The CVT transmission works great. It is very efficient. I got used to it right away. You don't feel the gears changing at all, it is just super smooth. The rear seats flip and fold to create a very large flat cargo space in just a few seconds.

My Style - Freestyle
By tgardn on 01/06/05 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great all around multi-purpose vehicle. It gives me the versatility of an SUV with the driving manners and afFORDability of a sedan. I have been averaging about 27 mpg city/highway combined with most driving in the city. She rides higher than a car for better visibility. Everything to date (nearly 6,000 miles) has been flawless with no defects or poor workmanship noted. She's built solidly and with purpose in mind. The ride is very smooth with little if any exterior road noise seeping into the cabin. Handling is great, especially compared to SUV's that like to tip and lean over on corners like my previous Highlander. Best SUV wagon under $50,000. No regrets whatsoever!

Pleased "New User"
By Larry Marks on 12/21/04 14:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After our first 6 weeks we realize that we pick a winner. First tank of gas City Driving has proven 22 MPG. Rides like a dream, no squeaks and engine appears to be smooth and powerful. Highway trip is next.

Freestyle fan
By Brooklyn123456 on 12/15/04 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have the vehicle less than a month, however in that short time I have driven it extensively and really love it. I really like the styling, it's a step up from the traditional mini-van. All the neighbors love it and people on the street ask about it. Good performance and handling.