2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
Finally getting it right
By wheaties99 on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I must say after being extremely dissapointed with the Explorer,Ford seems to be on the right track. I'm 6' 2" and have never had more room in any vehicle. Acceleration is good. gas mileage is excellent for a vehicle it's size and the trans is extremely SMOOTH. It feels very funny to not feel it shifting. It is also reasonably priced while being loaded up with a lot of goodies. Definately a good buy.

Just Purchased
By sparty98_gw on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Put this car on your list of cars to test drive. Several reviews complain about the CVT "feel" and power. Being from the automotive industy and an enthusiast I can tell the difference, but the execution is much better than other manufacurures CVT's I drove 3 years ago. My wife did not know it was a CVT until I told her. The average driver will not know unless they really push the car to accelerate hard and then they might notice the engine noise a bit. The interior space and layout are top notch. The handling dynamics are excellent for a car like this and the break feel is especially good. Goodby SUVs, hello MPG.

great vehicle
By Woman on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Have 1200 miles on the car. Getting good gas mileage up to 24.5 mpg so far. That was on the expressway for 200 miles. Has a good ride and good feel. Lots of room for storage if needed. Seats fold down in a flash. I've had a Village Sport for five years and hated to give it up, but am really liking the Freestyle. Not quite as wide as the Villager. Feels a little more like an SUV than the Village but has a more car like ride than an SUV. Seems to have enough pick-up for me. LIke the transmission with no feel of shifting.

HEY FORD YOU DID IT AGAIN GOOD JOB !!!!
By BRONXBOY on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

RETUNED MY 02 EDDIE BAUER EXPLOER AND TOOK THE 2005 FREESTYLE LIMITED AWD SO FAR SO GOOD IT LOOKS LIKE THE YOUNGER BROTHER OF THE EXPLOER HANDLE GREAT LIKE A EUROPEAN CAR IT HUGS THE ROAD EASY VEIW OF ALL THE CONTROLS THE CVT IS GREAT GETS SOME GETTING USE TO SINCE THERE IS NO SHIFTING OF GEARS YOU HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE SPEED OR YOU WILL GET A SPEEDING TICKET BECUASE SHE GET UP THERE FAST THIS CROSSOVER IT'S ALL AROUND GREAT MOST OF ALL YOU SEE ALOT OF THE VOLVO IN THIS SUV / MINIVAN / CAR KEEP IT UP FORD.

Freestyle is a perfect fit!
By Nomoreminivan on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my new Ford Freestyle, even after I was hesitant to buy an American Car. I wanted the extra seats of a mini van, but not the bulk. I also wanted the all wheel drive, but the Siennas were way out of my price range. The ride is so smooth and it manuevers like a car. It really looks and feels like a much pricier luxury car, and I could not be happier!

Freestlye- First Impression
By Siberian on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We were out looking at a replacement for my wife's 2002 Escape as we want a vehicle with more fluff. We drove the Explorer and also the Cadillac SRX. The SRX was a nice car but the finish work on the in side was poor for the high cost. We drove the Freestyle as an after thought and were very pleased. It had a lot of power with the new CVT transmission and the SEL model had everything we wanted plus it was $15,000 retail less then the Cadillac. So far we are very pleased and it is easily accessible for an aging parent with support handles in the ceiling and on the front dash.

Excellent cross-over
By wklee88 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've been driving a minivan for years and recently switched to a Freestyle. I was amazed to see the interior space. My sister who is 25 years old can sit in the 3rd row very comfortably. Performance is also great. I don't know why 3.0 engine is complained by people. I didn't feel any short of power not to mention acceleration. It's a wonderful car. I love it.