2005 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:
My Style - Freestyle
By tgardn on 01/06/05 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great all around multi-purpose vehicle. It gives me the versatility of an SUV with the driving manners and afFORDability of a sedan. I have been averaging about 27 mpg city/highway combined with most driving in the city. She rides higher than a car for better visibility. Everything to date (nearly 6,000 miles) has been flawless with no defects or poor workmanship noted. She's built solidly and with purpose in mind. The ride is very smooth with little if any exterior road noise seeping into the cabin. Handling is great, especially compared to SUV's that like to tip and lean over on corners like my previous Highlander. Best SUV wagon under $50,000. No regrets whatsoever!

I love my Freestyle!
By christie on 01/05/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great vehicle. Much more room than expected, gas mileage even better than stated. Acceleration and mountain climbing is fine for my uses. Exterior and Interior styling could be upped a bit. Liftgate is heavy to work with. Would like some accessories to spruce up the exterior, grills, etc. But overall, I love my Freestyle!!

Quality crossover
By markkal on 01/03/05 10:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Good crossover vehicle. Has plenty of room and great handleing for it"s size. Smooth power

Smart Whatever You Wanna Call It
By Freestyle Gal on 01/02/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought it today to replace my Expedition. Long commute, gas prices killing me, but really needed the cargo space and occasional 3-row seating for holidays with the family. A little noisy inside at freeway speeds. Firm ride, handles great, easy to park. Lots of cool extras in the SEL for a car that costs $28K. Expected the transmission to feel different, but it is much smoother and no slipping like my 2003 Expedition. Feels zippy enough for me--my cargo is large but not heavy. Loved my humongous UTE, but was feeling guilty about it (and tired of $60 fill-ups). Sitting lower down takes some getting used to. Happy camper so far.

1st 1000 miles.
By Phil on 12/28/04 08:01 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Absolutely the best value on the market. After the 1st 1k, including an ice storm, I love this vehicle. More than enough power for me, and I traded an LS V8 for the Freestyle. The AWD is fantastic on ice, and saved me from an accident last week. Suprisingly well appointed interior with handy features and easy to use "flip down" seats for more cargo space. From all remarks I have seen on this vehicle, (and the Ford 500), I can't imagine why the reviewers (including Edmunds) keep harping on the lack of power.

Great Alternative to Traditional SUV
By Todd Rauppius on 12/27/04 12:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is proving to be a very nice vehicle. The performance is good to very good; 19-20 mpg compared with 13- 14 mpg in my old mini-van, strong firm brakes, good acceleration (especially at speed for passing). Steering feel is very good, and the vehicle corners flat with a ride quality that is better than an SUV yet not quite as good as a car/wagon. Very good build quality, eveything fits and is aligned.

Pleased "New User"
By Larry Marks on 12/21/04 14:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After our first 6 weeks we realize that we pick a winner. First tank of gas City Driving has proven 22 MPG. Rides like a dream, no squeaks and engine appears to be smooth and powerful. Highway trip is next.

Freestyle fan
By Brooklyn123456 on 12/15/04 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have the vehicle less than a month, however in that short time I have driven it extensively and really love it. I really like the styling, it's a step up from the traditional mini-van. All the neighbors love it and people on the street ask about it. Good performance and handling.

not bad at all
By jrs on 12/15/04 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Have 400 miles on new SE AWD freestyle. These are my thoughts: 1. Very well built, some of best fit and finish I have ever seen on American car 2. Drives tightly and very nice with some Volvo there--excellent drive doesn't really feel underpowered as some complain--I think the CVT takes a little getting used to but now I prefer it 3. A little too large--making a smaller version (mini me)might be worth it and sell well 4. Well designed interior, very, very nicely done 5. blank spots where I did not get extras on dash and wheel are unsightly but this is very minor--overall very sweet

An Excellent Vehicle
By Puchie on 12/15/04 06:54 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Coming from and SUV this is a truly wonderful ride. There is so much room and comfort and the safety features are great! Kids don't like the mini van as it is for OLD people but I LOVE it