Used 2005 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestyle - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Very Happy with Freestyle
By Great Car

2005 Ford Freestyle SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I replaced a '96 Ford Explorer that I got 200K miles on. I wanted same amount of room but better gas mileage. After looking at a lot of different cars, the Freestyle seemed the best fit. I have the SE model with 2wd and have found that even on the basic model, Ford has included a lot of features. I have had it for a couple of months and love it. I get ~25 mpg and find it very comfortable (I drive it about 2-3 hours per day). I think the mileage is great for such a big car. I would definitely recommend this car for people who like an SUV style but want better gas mileage and do not drive off road.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable and love the dual zone AC.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Kudos to Ford
By OBX1

2005 Ford Freestyle SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very satisfied with style and performance. We have a family of 5, and this fits our needs quite well. Used it on the beaches in NC, and am looking forward to a snowy winter.

Favorite Features

3 rows, style, MPG, size.

Suggested Improvements

Engine noise can be disruptive; cloth seats a bit uncomfortable at times.

Better than you might think
By Shawn

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We own one as company vehicle so it sees a lot of highway miles. And that is where it shines on the open road with 4 people and a ton of stuff out back. The rear-seat is actually more comfortable than the front passenger. The car is more comfortable than a truck based SUV yet has a third row seats, car like handling and very good fuel economy. The 3.0 and CVT won't win many races (how often is this relevant) but it is a very effective set up and would cruise at 100 mph all day if you could get away with it! The car's finishes and materials are ok and in line for a car of this size and capability for the money. Recommended!

Favorite Features

Packaging, suspension control, drivetrain.

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seems cheap, plastics average at best, and poor CD unit.

Don't call my crossover a wagon
By Freeloader

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has it all. It's functionality is unequaled. Gas mileage is wonderful for an AWD and it's fun to drive. The simple fact that it's a Volvo dress up like a Ford, only make me happier about buying one. We love ours!

Favorite Features

Head room, leg room and comfortable seating for 7. Gas mileage for an AWD. It's a Volvo...really!

Suggested Improvements

With the word "Style" in the name, someone should have given it some.

Never thought I'd buy a Ford
By NewOwner

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've always preferred foreign cars but Ford came up with something to convert me. We didn't want an SUV or minivan but wanted more room than a sedan. Tested Subaru but felt cramped. There is so much space inside the Freestyle & the ride is just great. I've had the car two months and every time I get in, I think "I love this car"!

Favorite Features

Stadium seating, reverse sensor, 50/50 split 3rd row, fold flat seats for all but driver, 5-star safety ratings, CVT is smooth, leg room for 2 back rows.

Suggested Improvements

Interior height (6'3" driver) was an issue with the sunroof - had to go with SEL in stock because all Limiteds had sunroof.