1,300 miles 5 people + Luggage= Review
By Iceman on
2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
This is my wife's car. I own a Fusion that I love dearly. We took a weekend trip to St. Louis for a funeral. Over 1,400 miles in one weekend with 5 people + luggage. I drive fast (around 90) and still got over 20 mpg for the trip. I could easily see 23-24 mpg fully loaded driving say 65 or 70. Not the fastest vehicle in acceleration but adequate for a family vehicle. Very stable in turns at expressway speeds. Change your tires which we just recently did from the original Continentals. New Goodyears are a huge improvement. This is a great family vehicle that is good on long trips. Ford hit a homerun again. These are cheap buys on the used market.
Favorite Features
Room, handling in curves. Seating position (higher than a car but not as high as a truck) makes entry and exit for tall people a snap. Gas mileage is very good for the space the vehicle offers.
Suggested Improvements
An optional engine upgrade to the 3.5 V-6 (this was done on the Taurus X for 2008). Satellite Radio standard with better sound system. Little more luggage space behind the 3rd row (I think this also was accomplished in the new Flex).