Used 2007 Ford Freestar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Ford Ford Ford what can I say
By chevylover229

2007 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate ford now. thats all I have to say(bought with 4,253 miles)(broke down with 4,950 miles on it)

Great Van
By FreestarFan

2007 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Freestar new in Feb 07 and have had no problems at all. Rides great on the interstate and does pretty good on gas mileage. Like the ease of dropping down the 3rd row seat into the floor and gives the dogs somewhere to lay. Plan on keeping it for years!

Favorite Features

Fold down 3rd row seat, rear a/c, easy to see out of.

Suggested Improvements

A little less plastic on the dash and a little more leg room up front would be nice.

Love It
By Supermom

2007 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van. I was inspired to get one by my mother in law who has the '04 model. I took that one on a trip and fell in love. I lept at the chance to get my own and I couldn't be happier. I have had it for a year and it runs like a top. Only oil changes, tire rotations. It has been on several 400 mile trips, with not a single problem. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Favorite Features

Almost everything

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic inside, interior should be tough enough to withstand rambunctious kids.

Love this vehicle
By Jo Jo

2007 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We are Ford people. The Freestyle is a great combo vehicle. We love the complete fold down back. Now I am hooked on the heated seats and the memory seating (things I never thought I would need) The sound system is not as good as it could be (we previously had Lincolns and Marquis) it is actually irritating on some stations, but the CD's seem to play very well. Adjusting the heating/AC is strange. We just don't seem to understand it. Give me the simple turn button controls. When I am driving I do not have time to think about all of those buttons. All in all, we love the handling, the body style, the room and the three sets of seats. On trips 22-23 MPG. It is easy in/out.

Favorite Features

Love the steering wheel controls for the sound system. Handling, body style - easy in and easy out as I have a bad back. The driving confort for my back is excellent with the seating positons easy to handle.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system is raspy, for some reason, the CD changer is up on top? The heating/AC is hard to handle. Too many separate controls. When driving it is almost impossible to manage.

Underrated Minivan
By TedH

2007 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving my wife's "04 Freestar Limited for 3 years, I went out and bought an '07 Sport for the business. Compared to Japanese models, the Freestar is quite a good drive. I'm surprised by the overall reliability, but ticked at the minor breakdowns of simple things. A good product, but backed by inferior Ford service departments.

Favorite Features

Driver controls, strong engine, climate control, pulling power, overall reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage. What else!