2007 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Ford Ford Ford what can I say
By chevylover229 on 04/02/11 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate ford now. thats all I have to say(bought with 4,253 miles)(broke down with 4,950 miles on it)

Great Van
By FreestarFan on 07/31/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Freestar new in Feb 07 and have had no problems at all. Rides great on the interstate and does pretty good on gas mileage. Like the ease of dropping down the 3rd row seat into the floor and gives the dogs somewhere to lay. Plan on keeping it for years!

Love It
By Supermom on 06/25/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van. I was inspired to get one by my mother in law who has the '04 model. I took that one on a trip and fell in love. I lept at the chance to get my own and I couldn't be happier. I have had it for a year and it runs like a top. Only oil changes, tire rotations. It has been on several 400 mile trips, with not a single problem. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Love this vehicle
By Jo Jo on 06/16/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We are Ford people. The Freestyle is a great combo vehicle. We love the complete fold down back. Now I am hooked on the heated seats and the memory seating (things I never thought I would need) The sound system is not as good as it could be (we previously had Lincolns and Marquis) it is actually irritating on some stations, but the CD's seem to play very well. Adjusting the heating/AC is strange. We just don't seem to understand it. Give me the simple turn button controls. When I am driving I do not have time to think about all of those buttons. All in all, we love the handling, the body style, the room and the three sets of seats. On trips 22-23 MPG. It is easy in/out.

Underrated Minivan
By TedH on 05/29/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving my wife's "04 Freestar Limited for 3 years, I went out and bought an '07 Sport for the business. Compared to Japanese models, the Freestar is quite a good drive. I'm surprised by the overall reliability, but ticked at the minor breakdowns of simple things. A good product, but backed by inferior Ford service departments.

Solid, reliable transportation
By cradimer on 01/08/08 15:35 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has performed as well as the 2000 Windstar it replaced but with more power for trailer-pulling and better fuel economy.Rear door rattles and front door mis-alignment were corrected by dealer. Very stable on highway; excellent visibility. Easy to lower rear seat to carry longer cargo.

Too High Priced
By Bill on 06/23/07 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Rides good, but noisy. Must use the remote or unlock the driver's door. Only way to get in which is a hassle when you have a small child in your arms. Poor gas mileage.

Don't buy one
By Jen on 11/10/06 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this van for a month and can't imagine why anyone would buy it with any other option out there. It rides like a covered wagon, has no nice options, can't get in without opening the drivers side first and then hit the button....even to get in the rear cargo area. I will be getting rid of it and would tell anyone to buy anything but this. The gas mileage is horrible and it rides like it's 10 years old.

Freestar Cargovan rating
By towgunner on 09/18/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar Cargo 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van was purchased as a practical utility vehicle and as a "daily driver". As such, the Freestar Cargo van meets all of my requirements: ability to carry a reasonable weight (1/2 to 3/4 ton) of cargo under cover (enclosed), be economical to drive to and from work (19-21 mpg combined), be comfortable to drive, and not be a financial burden to purchase.

meh
By tg on 09/16/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Freestar Cargo 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a company issued 3.9L cargo with maybe 200 pounds of extra weight in the rear. The driving dynamics are odd to say the least. It tends to stay on center, but it does not like to turn. The ride is smooth, but noisy. Combined gas mileage is 20 MPG, which is not too much of an improvement coming from a full size Ford E250 with 5.4L V8 that got 14 MPG on average. On quality, they painted the hood support rod to the hood and paint was damaged. At least I won't see it that often.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.