Used 2006 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

2006 Ford Freestar
By Jim

2006 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van has plenty of power and is very comfortable and versatile. Fuel economy is fair, but build quality so far has been good. Our family finds the second row bucket seats to be convenient. We strongly recommend the Freestar.

Quad bucket seats, steering wheel audio controls, fold flat rear seat, three zone HVAC controls, powerful 4.2 litre engine, storage areas, power points.

Traction control should be standard. Improved fuel economy.

Ford Freestar is OK
By vmichelelea

2006 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is perfect for a family with kids.

My only issue is the setup of the seats. They could have given up some of the middle seat section to make more room to get into the back seating section.

2006 Ford Freestar
By V. Blondahl

2006 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have approx 5000 Km. on this vehicle as of today. It has spent 10 days in the shop since purchase. The computer has been replaced, a correction for excessive front wheel vibration has been performed, (a steady buzz-like vibration is still felt in the steering wheel). The engine knocks and rattles and rpm fluctuates at idle. We have a 98 Plymouth Voyager with 260,000 Km. that runs smoother and quieter than this new Ford. At approx. 700 Km. we asked for a replacement vehicle, offering to pay a fee for the accumulated mileage; the dealer refused. I completed a customer satisfaction report listing the problems with this vehicle and Ford did not even bother to respond.

Happy owner so far
By Tim Lu

2006 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had 2006 Sport for about a year and 25k, no problem so far. Drawn to it by the price (for the same level, 6-disc CD, reverse sensing system, alloy wheels DVD, etc), I would have spent $10k more on Japanese models. Overall, a great vehicle for the price.

Ample torque, blinker on mirror makes lane change easy, reasonable mileage (here in Canada, 10.5 Liter per 100km highway). Quiet ride on local roads.

3rd row seat too low. Floor vent is too close to driver's foot, I feel that my right foot is being cooked every time I put heat on floor setting. Should have 5 speed transmission to offer better fuel economy. Highway road noise a bit high. Should have speed-sensitive volume on all models

Ford Freestar Limited
By Jerome E. Welsh Sr.

2006 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a Ford Windstar in the past, so I was familiar with front wheel drive. The handling response is great, it's peppy when needed, and gives a feeling of confidence. I find myself trying to increase my gas mileage by driving carefully. Side air curtains are a super plus for my grandchildren.

Sleek lines. Power everything.

None.