2006 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Best in Class
By PJ on 08/27/05 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving GM, Ford and Chrysler models, we found the Freestar to have the best qualities for the money. The Freestar has nearly all the features of the competitors and in some cases more. Hands down this beats the GM vans and the Chrysler is nice but not worth the extra $2000 to $4000 more for the same features.

Buy One of These
By messianicrock on 07/31/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The day my wife finally decided to get rid of the Sedona we did not hesitate to buy the Freestar. Ford has done an excellent job putting a SAFE, comfortable, attractive vehicle on the road at a reasonable price. One thing I would like to address is the power issue. A consumer magazine stated the vehicle was under-powered; my question is compared to what? The Freestar does not have the power my '04 Marauder, with SuperChip and K&N air induction, but it has ample power for a back road pass or a trip up I40 or I26 into the mountains of NC.

Great mini!
By S.S.E. on 07/25/05 16:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Went from an Explorer to this. Great change. Great cargo space, 7 seats, DVD, easy to drive, better mileage. Don't feel like I'm driving a hulk, but still have the space. Definitely recommend.

Freestar Feels Right
By Lesa on 07/11/05 04:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a Ford Windstar several years ago when we found out I was pregnant with out third child. I really enjoyed that vehicle, so when I was considering what to purchase this year as a replacement -- the Freestar made the most sense. Overall, I am pleased with the Freestar. However, I do think the Windstar had a little more passenger room. The third seat in the back of the Freestar is versatile -- able to total recede it into the floor or use it as a stadium seat -- but we lost seating space. Given the choice, I'd take the seating space. Good vehicle.

Freestar
By Freestar on 06/26/05 11:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar was the best van for me and my family. It had better exterior styling than the Chevrolet Uplander or the Venture. It also had a more refined interior than the Chevy vans. It was more comfort table and versatile and fit in with our life styles more.

Overlooked sibling
By Minivan devotee on 06/25/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is the overlooked sibling of the minivan market, but having driven Chrysler vans and the first-generation Honda van, I can tell you this is a excellent bargain. I bought mine second-hand with about 5K miles on it, and paid at least $10K less than the more popular vans. The basic SE model has a number of convenience features in the cabin, including a flexible seating plan, lots of cup holders, etc. Only mechanical problem so far (now have 12K miles) was a leaking transmission gasket, repaired under warranty, but still a hassle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.