2006 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Good Value
By Michael on 09/29/06 19:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a SEL Freestar 4.2 used with 15,000 miles. Very pleased with it. Wife has a 2003 Honda Odyssey which I consider a great minivan and we bought the Freestar as an extra minivan since that one has high miles and for my personal vehicle. The Honda seems to be built much better, but was twice the price and had no room for negotiation because of popularity of model. However, they both drive great and for the money, I would buy the Ford over the Honda in the future! The sound system is pretty weak as well since it only has 4 speakers.

excellent value for the money
By JAM on 08/21/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The 2006 Ford Freestar is a excellent value for the money. Saved about $5000 off price with Ford rebates and dealer incentives. Excellent value for under $20k with SE appearance package, Advance Trac with reverse sensing and dvd entertainment system. The only thing is the 3rd row seat is low to floor. Ok for kids. The interior has great styling and storage space.

For the $$, Couldn't beat it!
By cv2166 on 08/15/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Stickered for a hair over $30k. DVD, SE Premium Package, Liftgate spoiler, Advancetrac, side canopy airbags,17" alloys, quad seating.... really well equipped. Floor console too ($150 option...kinda steep I think). ANYWAY...rebates, discounts,and plans through work, (company is a supplier to Ford) knocked it down to $19k and change! Yes, it's brand new! Couldn't TOUCH another for that. Rides nice. Like the SIZE. Sits high. Looks nice. Got the Norsea Blue. Pretty!

NICE MINIVAN
By P. M. on 06/28/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Freestar 2 weeks ago and took it on a trip to South Texas. Averaged 18 MPG on the trip which is disappointing seeing how it's rated at 24. I expected 20-22. Other than that, I give it a well above average rating.

MINI-VAN
By GENO on 06/28/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth shifting and nice handling. Plenty of storage room as we travel back and forth from NY to Fl. Nice ride with good vision of the road.

Great Van Overall
By Tom on 03/10/06 14:38 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the optional audio with the separate source selection. As with other reviews, rear seats need about 1.5 inches additional height. More drivers knee room and the tow package without hitch....well that's probably a Ford marketing problem. Love mine, lots of power. look forward to hooking up my 200lb camper and pulling with it. PS I owed a 95 Windstar as well.

'06 Ford Freestar Limited
By minaldo1 on 02/03/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very good looking on the inside. Ride quality is impressive. Excellent handling. Bucket seats very comfortable. Very quiet ride. Nice layout and good cargo room. Very safe.

JUST BOUGHT AND LOVE IT
By ROBERT CARRICATO on 01/06/06 10:48 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Freestar is a good product. The only thing is the rear seat is low to floor. This is so the seat when folded can go into rear cargo space in floor. Ok for kids. Not so comfy for adults on long trips. The interior is great. Very comfy captains chairs in 2nd row...overall very nice van.

I love my Ford Freestar
By shelley on 11/15/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

While the fuel economy may not be the best, I have no issues with the horsepower or speed of the engine at all ... the "get up and go" so to speak of the Freestar is wonderful. The interior is roomy and comfortable, with plenty of room for 6 or 7. My one downfall with the interior is that the third row seat does not fit my sons' booster seats very well; the buckles of the seat belt sit behind the boosters and therefore my children do not ride in the back often. But the availability to stow the third row in the trunk is wonderful. It's a very stylish minivan and I'm proud to drive it!

Great Family Vehicle
By Dosh70 on 09/21/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We also own a 1999 Windstar. We decided this time we would probably move to the Honda or Toyota minivans to get some of the conveniences and creature comforts they offered. Upon shopping around, we found that, for the final money paid, it was a "no-brainer" and we're in a 2005 Freestar. When we considered cost, safety ratings, comfort and looks, the Ford was the best value by far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.